• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Stanley Cup Playoffs: Round One, Game 5

Harbingers

8 hours ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

The team that wins game five takes the series 78% of the time big win! The Canes have come up big in clutch games this season.

This is a bit of a different year because we have played only the predators for good part of two months. Both teams know each other about as well as they can. Its just a war of attrition at this point.

1 hour ago, Anybodyhome said:

Was a late night for sure.

But, again, while we're all talking about the Canes not playing their game and allowing Nashville to dictate the pace, etc., I'm gonna continue throwing sh!t at the refs, which have been horrible the entire series. A non-stop list of missed and bad calls that change the pace of the game away from Carolina every time they get something going.

How do you win a game 4-2 in OT? From a complete bullsh!t call that took away the tying goal. That didn't work, so call a terrible holding penalty on Foegele in OT might have helped Nashville. Too many men on the ice twice in the 3rd period by Nashville not called. Martinook tripped right in front of the net, not called. High stick to Aho's head in the middle of the ice was completely ignored. And that's just the 3rd period!

Fug 'em. Goalie interference, my ass. But the first Trenin goal was from a high stick up around his shoulders, so unless he's only 4 feet tall, there's no way that stick was below the cross bar. Hell, it finished above his head.

Oh, and let's not forget today Dougie question: When the fug is he gonna use his size to impose his will on players who want to take shots at his team mates? How come we never see him in the scrum? 

Its crystal clear they want Nashville to win. They have been pushing them ahead all series. Its mind numbing.

Only way to guarantee a win is to dominate TOP and choke out every ounce of hope by not giving into the bs Nashville is trying. Once they stopped trying to play Nashville's game and got back to good spacing and puck movement, we looked great. Haula and Benning I think got to them a bit and got them tilty. Saros also being on his game is frustrating. Get tons of good looks and he's giving nothing up, gotta be demoralizing. Never seen so many wide shots by our guys in a single period like that third.

• Pie 1

4 hours ago, Anybodyhome said:

Oh, and let's not forget today Dougie question: When the fug is he gonna use his size to impose his will on players who want to take shots at his team mates? How come we never see him in the scrum? 

Too busy waxing his chest.

20210423_012132.png

26 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

If we get out of this series I just hope we get our poo together. I was honestly expecting to dominate the Preds and show we were one of the favorites. 

Very, very, very, very concerned about that now.

I'll be honest. After game 1, I knew we were gonna sweep the Preds. Losing Slavin hurt, but this is a different Nashville team.

Here's hoping we can take game 6 in regulation. I don't know if Pesce and Skjei can handle another OT game. 

• Beer 1

54 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

If we get out of this series I just hope we get our poo together. I was honestly expecting to dominate the Preds and show we were one of the favorites. 

Very, very, very, very concerned about that now.

I'm not too worried because the refs gave the Preds at least 1 game. We should've been able to win the 2nd game in Nashville but the refs gifted them 2 points. Last night should've been the end to the series.

• Flames 1

16 minutes ago, KillerKat said:

I'm not too worried because the refs gave the Preds at least 1 game. We should've been able to win the 2nd game in Nashville but the refs gifted them 2 points. Last night should've been the end to the series.

Yeah, I mean I know we are getting hosed but we can't assume that hosing is gonna stop after round 1.

• Pie 1