• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Confidential - A Look Into the Panthers Offseason

DeSim

2 hours ago, pantherj said:

So that's why we didn't trade down from #8. A bunch of teams were calling us offering negative points!

And that folks is how a real front office operates. I shudder to think how those conversations would’ve turned out if Hurney was fielding those calls.

8 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

He might help us find our next pro bowl MLB...

I'd like to think that seeing him working with us might take the sting out of watching him laugh along with the other Buffalo executives at our previous front office's stupidity in that Bills war room video 😖

• Pie 1

30 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

One other thought: If they do this again next year, it'll include Dan Morgan.

I was about to make a similar comment.  Imagine what this group could do with a full "normal" off-season to prepare for a draft.  Let that sink in for a minute.

7 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Really cool video. Fun to watch the conversations with the guys they drafted, as well as the discussions about Darnold. Watching Rhule and Fitterer go back and forth about the picks was interesting too.

Saw a lot of Matt Allen. I previously thought he might be on his way out, but it definitely doesn't look that way. He seems to be well respected in the organization.

One thing you come away with from the pre-draft discussions: Justin Fields was never in play. Rhule lists the players that they liked at #8 and he's not one of them. Confirms Joe Person's report that our reported interest in him was just a smokescreen to fish for trade offers.

It reiterates what I thought after last year's Draft. This is Rhule's ship, the GM is just helping him pilot it.

• Pie 1

18 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

Apologies if this has been asked / answered.

Who were Rhule's 4 guys at the Tremble pick? I could make out Brown (I assume Spencer), Browning and of course Tremble.

I couldn't make out the 4th guy?

Tremble, Dyami Brown (WAS), Baron Browning (DEN), Devine Deablo (LVR)

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1