• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Confidential - A Look Into the Panthers Offseason

DeSim

2 hours ago, Black&BlueBubba said:

Is it just me or did Joe Horn seem torn.  While he was happy for his son it looked like he could spit nails that Carolina took him when his JC got the call. 

I think Joe was trying to stay out of the spotlight and let his son have his moment. Look at Jaycee's youtube channel, it showed more draft day reaction and you can tell he was happy. Also he was rocking panther gear when he didn't have to and don't forget he's a N.C native, so I'm sure he doesn't mind his son playing for his hometown team

• Pie 4

7 hours ago, Clicheking said:

I think Joe was trying to stay out of the spotlight and let his son have his moment. Look at Jaycee's youtube channel, it showed more draft day reaction and you can tell he was happy. Also he was rocking panther gear when he didn't have to and don't forget he's a N.C native, so I'm sure he doesn't mind his son playing for his hometown team

Didn’t realize Joe was from NC. I will also have ego check out JC’s you tube channel. 

8 hours ago, bigdavis said:

Two things stood out: each time, before pulling the trigger on a pick, Fitterer went around the group, asking if they all were good with it.  Maybe for the show, but it speaks loudly about the participation and joint involvement.

Agree.  I was struck by how collaborative the process seemed with Fit seeking opinions from everyone in the room.  Of course, with the preparation they had done there was not likely to be any surprises.  Fitterer looks to be a great leader.  Did not see any ego.  A lot of teamwork.  Also agree with whoever said that he and Rhule appear to be very comfortable with each other.  Re Tepper-thought he looked like he wanted to be one of the guys....lol.

Very well done and a lot of fun to watch.

• Pie 6

Loved very second. I just hope fitterer's son doesn't take up basketball lol 

But a great production and it was great to see how well our front office looked working together. Seems like they had a plan and stuck to it. Draft room was ran a lot smoother than you would probably expect from a lot of first year guys at their position. 

15 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

I'd like to think that seeing him working with us might take the sting out of watching him laugh along with the other Buffalo executives at our previous front office's stupidity in that Bills war room video 😖

Can you link that video with time stamp? I think I missed this.

20 hours ago, pantherj said:

So that's why we didn't trade down from #8. A bunch of teams were calling us offering negative points!

17 hours ago, Prowler2k18 said:

And that folks is how a real front office operates. I shudder to think how those conversations would’ve turned out if Hurney was fielding those calls.

It makes me wonder if the Panthers had developed a reputation in the league for taking negative points trades under our previous management, and teams were testing the waters to see if Fitterer would be similar.

6 minutes ago, trueblade said:

And that folks is how a real front office operates. I shudder to think how those conversations would’ve turned out if Hurney was fielding those calls.

Another Marty Hurney Dramatization below:

He's on the Phone with Gettleman.

Talking On The Phone GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Edited by Michael G

10 hours ago, bigdavis said:

Second, when Horn teared up on the field, fully realizing this was real, it was his mama he was callling, not his dad.

In that same call he told her, "Look at daddy in all the Panthers gear."

He called his momma instead of his daddy because Joe Horn was there at the stadium with Jaycee.