• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Confidential - A Look Into the Panthers Offseason

DeSim

23 hours ago, Obeg said:

I feel they most likely edited out any QB discussions at 8 (or moving up).

10 hours ago, glenwo2 said:

Interesting at 6:11 of the vid when Rhule listed the players they liked, that FIELDS was NOT one of them.

It's probable they edited out any QB discussion, but it's also clear from the clips surrounding the acquisition of Sam Darnold that they a) bought into the age thing and b) compared him to the QBs coming out in the draft. They are all in on Darnold. Let's hope that was the right decision.

The other name you didn't see at all was Rashawn Slater...

The Teddy Bridgewater trade stuff was interesting as well. Tepper and Rhule both make comments to George Patton that they wanted to do right by Teddy. I'm sure that makes Teddy's recent comments sting all the more.

I also really hope they let George Patton know there were cameras rolling during the call.

• Beer 1

11 hours ago, Pantera1 said:

For the folks who are familiar with the stadium… where was the Draft Room located?  At one point it looked like one of the club lounges.  Anybody know for sure?  

It may have been.

Possible they might have needed more space than usual for social distancing.

28 minutes ago, trueblade said:

It's probable they edited out any QB discussion, but it's also clear from the clips surrounding the acquisition of Sam Darnold that they a) bought into the age thing and b) compared him to the QBs coming out in the draft. They are all in on Darnold. Let's hope that was the right decision.

The other name you didn't see at all was Rashawn Slater...

Other sources actually confirmed there was no quarterback discussion.

The feigned interest in Fields was fishing for trade offers.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

15 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Start watching a little after two minutes in.

what a whiff... haha. 

At the same time, Bills traded ahead of us in Beane's first year to draft Zae Jones.. they really thought they outsmarted us. We ended up with Curtis Samuel. If I remember correclty Zae was our target, funny how things work out.

Even decent GMs like Beane get it wrong. 

• Pie 2

32 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

what a whiff... haha. 

At the same time, Bills traded ahead of us in Beane's first year to draft Zae Jones.. they really thought they outsmarted us. We ended up with Curtis Samuel. If I remember correclty Zae was our target, funny how things work out.

Even decent GMs like Beane get it wrong. 

Beane was also the one who initiated the Kelvin Benjamin trade.

People think it was our idea. It wasn't.

2 hours ago, trueblade said:

The Teddy Bridgewater trade stuff was interesting as well. Tepper and Rhule both make comments to George Patton that they wanted to do right by Teddy. I'm sure that makes Teddy's recent comments sting all the more.

I also really hope they let George Patton know there were cameras rolling during the call.

They could have waited, and we paid a lot for him to leave...but of course they were going to say that, they knew they were on camera.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, SBBlue said:

I would pie more than once if I could.

Hate that thread.  

I'd have to agree that story looks pretty bogus now.

1 minute ago, SBBlue said:

They could have waited, and we paid a lot for him to leave...but of course they were going to say that, they knew they were on camera.

They were also on the phone with George Paton so I don't really think that talk was just for the cameras.

More to the point though, they didn't just talk about it. They actually did do right by him.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1