• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Confidential - A Look Into the Panthers Offseason

DeSim

3 minutes ago, panther4life said:

Yea I can’t believe Lance wasn’t a consideration, especially since they though the Niners would likely take Mac Jones. 

There were reports that we didn't think Lance would fit Joe Brady's offense.

The fact that we didn't bother attending his second workout kinda lends credence to that.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

This was pretty good.  I agree that draft room was more calm than I expected but we didn't see the full time haha.  Tepper being involved but not pushy is nice.  Whatever happens at least it seems like they got who they wanted.

• Pie 1

8 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

It is a puff piece, but it's also consistent with reports we've had from Person and others who confirm we weren't interested in Fields.

Even as a puff piece though, this video has a pretty unprecedented level of access. You certainly wouldn't have gotten this kind of inside peek during the Jerry Richardson days. Heck, most teams in the NFL wouldn't have given you this kind of access even just a few years ago.

It's pretty great for the football fanatics among us.

they also don't want to give away anything useful to other teams, saw a few white/clip boards blurred out. for me I really enjoyed it

I liked it.  It was a puff piece and clearly some of it, reality tv staged (based on camera positions).

I appreciate it, just not enough if the filming was a hindrance to Fit, Rhule, Tepper and co.

But it seems they were comfortable with it and were able to do an amazing job and get filmed at the same time.

Kudos to the media dept.  Nicely done.

• Pie 3

The Panthers of the past were insanely paranoid about letting even the tiniest scrap of information get out, even stuff that was after the fact and didn't matter anymore (Like, who cares about your draft board when the draft is over?)

Cameras inside the war room would have been unthinkable under Richardson.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

The Carolina Panthers Camp Confidential is one of the best productions I have watched.  Every year they do such an amazing job of telling us how it is.

I loved they sat down before the draft and pretty much nailed the first seven picks.  They would have made Mel Kiper and the others look stupid.   It just goes to show how much attention to detail our staff does.  Not only who we are targeting but also what other teams are thinking.

What I also enjoyed was they were discussing the players we selected well in advance of the actual selection.   We got just about everyone we wanted when we wanted them.   

Watching those phone call to those young men was fun.  Most were truly humble and honored to be selected.

After watching this I cannot wait to see this team on the field.  I try to contain myself but I have a very strong feeling our defense is going to be amazing.  

I can't wait for the next episode. 

• Pie 5
  • Beer 1