• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sam Darnold talks about The Adjust To Charlotte And The Panthers

KatsAzz

1 hour ago, glenwo2 said:

If he wants to endear himself to the fan base, all he has to do is go out there and perform well.

That’s obvious.

Performance being equal Id prefer a QB who has a personality. Seeing Tom Brady talking sh!t on twitter making memes about Aaron Rodgers and Bryson Dechambeau is entertaining. The NFL is in the business of entertainment. 

1 hour ago, SizzleBuzz said:

College graduates across the country manage to do so every year...

...and they do so successfully without even a sliver of the resources Sam has available at his fingertips.

This is what Panthers QB Sam Darnold said > "To go from being wanted to being unwanted is huge".  "Getting that news that you're going to be traded, of a team saying, 'Hey, we didn't want you,' for whatever reason, is hard".

Edited by KatsAzz

48 minutes ago, AndrewLaskoski said:

That’s obvious.

Performance being equal Id prefer a QB who has a personality. Seeing Tom Brady talking sh!t on twitter making memes about Aaron Rodgers and Bryson Dechambeau is entertaining. The NFL is in the business of entertainment. 

Well I like my QB to be in the business of winning Football Games instead of being a standup comedian or something.

Sam seems to be more of a "I live, eat, drink, sleep, and breathe Football" type of player.

Edited by glenwo2
  • Pie 3
  • Beer 1

22 minutes ago, glenwo2 said:

Well I like my QB to be in the business of winning Football Games instead of being a standup comedian or something.

Sam seems to be more of a "I live, eat, drink, sleep, and breathe Football" type of player.

Yeah I’m not worried about the personality at all. Burrow, Brees, Murray, and Luck (when he played) all had that laid back easy going OFF the field personality and made it work. As long as his foot is on the gas competing during practice and the games I’m not worried about him being entertaining....  People wanted Fields and he has that same demeanor. It’s all about winning games for the fans.

Edited by ForJimmy
  • Pie 3

13 minutes ago, glenwo2 said:

We went 15-1 with a goofballs like Cam and Greg you don't have to be boring and stoic to win games

• Pie 5

4 minutes ago, MechaZain said:

We went 15-1 with a goofballs like Cam and Greg you don't have to be boring and stoic to win games

Right.  you don't HAVE TO  BE.

But my point is that it's not a prerequisite either.

Help the team win games.

That's all that matters to me.

Edited by glenwo2
  • Pie 5

No body cares about TMZ drama bullshit. Rodgers, Brady, both Mannings, Brees, Jackson, Allen, Herbert, Mahomes are all pretty damn boring. Some of you might be too young to know, but ALL of the older ones were vanilla too at age 23. No reason to be talking poo if you haven’t done poo or ever really. Cam was boring as hell aside from his dumbass remarks and goofy, attention hoarding clothing.

No one cares the GOAT talks more poo than a dude who just grew hair on his nuts.

• Pie 2

6 hours ago, 1usctrojan said:

He’s never going to say ridiculous things, pout like a baby during press conferences, dress like a pimp, or insult a press member due to her gender.  

You had that already, right?  He’s a team player, it will never be just about him or petty vengeance.  Publicly. 😏

In fairness, he will likely never be as good as Cam either. It's was easy to forgive all Cam's "eccentricities" when he was one of the best offensive weapons in the NFL.

• Beer 1

20 minutes ago, ladypanther said:

I like this guy.  Really pulling for him..1st of course because he is a Panther but also he seems like a decent person.  He went through a bad experience an no-one can get him to say anything negative. That is unique.

This.

From the looks of it, he's had 3 years of experience scrambling....he should be the best scrambler in the league by now.

• Pie 3

1 hour ago, ladypanther said:

I like this guy.  Really pulling for him..1st of course because he is a Panther but also he seems like a decent person.  He went through a bad experience an no-one can get him to say anything negative. That is unique.

Exactly! I feel sure there would be tons of negative things Sam Darnold could have said about his bad experiences with the inept Jets management and sorry coaches but to his credit he sucked it up and threw no one under the bus.

• Pie 4

7 hours ago, SizzleBuzz said:

College graduates across the country manage to do so every year...

...and they do so successfully without even a sliver of the resources Sam has available at his fingertips.

Right, but they're not being asked to be the CEO of a Fortune 500 company.

• Pie 2