• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Draft Thread/Center,Center,Center

rippadonn

2 hours ago, KatsAzz said:

Kofi Cockburn 7'0' 285lbs is one big dude.

You can't teach big. We don't have a half court type center. Cockburn is very intriguing especially having a guy like Melo. We had 0 for anybody when the game slowed down and we were forced to play half court playoff basketball. Nobody who could punch it in for us in the post.

Our style of play would fit a guy like Garza who I really,really,really like but Cockburn seems like he'd be more fun to watch with those Shaq like two hand slams and those nice baby hooks. LaMelo having a guy like that to pass to when teams slow us down would be a great tool in the box come playoff time.

15 hours ago, rippadonn said:

@WOW!! Luka Garza is everything you're looking for. Check him out.

6'11" 265lbs (NBA day one body). Complete player. Inside/outside.

Big enough to bang inside in the NBA day one and a beautiful three point shot.

Not a fan.. Need more athleticism not to mention the logjam at the Pf position we already have..

14 hours ago, rippadonn said:

You no like Luka?!

Season 9 What GIF by The Office

Luka would take Basseys lunch every day. Luka ain't no PF. 6'11 265lbs

Offensively yes...

But if we're looking for a rim protector, rim running lob threat.. Is that really Graza??

10 hours ago, WOW!! said:

Offensively yes...

But if we're looking for a rim protector, rim running lob threat.. Is that really Graza??

Garza is that modern Center for today's game. With his size, weight, athleticism, range. He's got a modern PF game with C body. He's a good defender, good shot blocker, he can score from beyond the three all the way up to putbacks. 

We really could use both Garza and Cockburn to go big. There's so much to like about both guys games, Garza fitting the run and gun and 3pt shooting and Cockburn as the half court, when you've got to slow the game down and pass to the post type player.

Right now we don't have either type of player at the 5.

• Pie 1

54 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

Garza is that modern Center for today's game. With his size, weight, athleticism, range. He's got a modern PF game with C body. He's a good defender, good shot blocker, he can score from beyond the three all the way up to putbacks. 

We really could use both Garza and Cockburn to go big. There's so much to like about both guys games, Garza fitting the run and gun and 3pt shooting and Cockburn as the half court, when you've got to slow the game down and pass to the post type player.

Right now we don't have either type of player at the 5.

This Garza guy is not another kaminski is he?

I saw the Iowa kid when Carolina played them and he looked really good, but Frank was good at Wisconsin too

• Beer 2

6 minutes ago, Scott12345 said:

This Garza guy is not another kaminski is he?

I saw the Iowa kid when Carolina played them and he looked really good, but Frank was good at Wisconsin too

Garza, I think, has more of that killer instinct than Kaminski. Plus Garza is already heavier than Frank. Garza is a big heavy dude 265lbs. He'd automatically push Frank around.

When I look at the center position, you've got to be a heavyweight.

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, stirs said:

As for the bigs we are discussing, some look like 2nd rounders?

Yup. Kai Jones is supposed to go late first, I think. 

I'm so into stats and what you've done and can do over potential alone.

I'm on the Cockburn, Garza bandwagon because they've put up serious points and rebounds and have been the focus of the offense at times, they've both done that in their own separate ways. 

As we get closer to the draft unfortunately both will rise. If the NBA was completely stupid we could get both and solve our problems in the post for years.

I'd be quite intrigued to get either though.

Kofi is going to rise, 2nd round potential, Garza will too.

On 5/31/2021 at 2:27 AM, WOW!! said:

Does a player like Shaq work in today's nba anymore??

Yes. If guys like Deandre Jordan can have long careers in today's nba, then a Shaq like player would as well. If there were more Shaq style players, then maybe the nba wouldn't be so three point happy.