• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How much of the Jets performance was really on Darnold?

SBBlue

18 minutes ago, SBBlue said:

I think the entire huddle is speculation at this time of the year.

It’s typical of sports message boards - college or pro, every time a man accuses a woman of being irrational, whiny, quoting unsubstantiated rumors as truth and beating a dead horse to a pulp...I point to message boards with a snarky eye roll.

it can be very satisfying and enjoyable. 😂

1 minute ago, 1usctrojan said:

It’s typical of sports message boards - college or pro, every time a man accuses a woman of being irrational, whiny, quoting unsubstantiated rumors as truth and beating a dead horse to a pulp...I point to message boards with a snarky eye roll.

Normally I just peruse the board...losing Cam was a shock last year.  Even so, it just seems like there is record amount of change this year.  We didn't get a preseason last year.   This really is the first full season with the new headcoach, GM and owner working together, drafting 11 new players and a new former first round QB.   I really think we have something here.

• Pie 1

10 hours ago, 1usctrojan said:

Beat A Dead Horse GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

It passes the time- I enjoy some of the things I read in the huddle, I don't let the nonsense bother me. Some posts are informative, some funny, some are simply BS or trolling. I haven't been on the huddle long enough to see what the posts are like during the season. I am looking forward to it.

Edited by Michael G
  • Beer 1

2 hours ago, Michael G said:

Beat A Dead Horse GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

It passes the time- I enjoy some of the things I read in the huddle, I don't let the nonsense bother me. Some posts are informative, some funny, some are simply BS or trolling. I haven't been on the huddle long enough to see what the posts are like during the season. I am looking forward to it.

Its basically the same. One week we have the best coaches in the league, the next Huddlers can call better plays and everyone needs to be fired.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, PootieNunu said:

Drew Brees was also "giving up on" but he has a ring and old man Rivers does not.

I'm not saying that The Darnold is the next Brees, just saying it is not unprecedented. 

It is unprecedented because apparently Sam will never succeed here because he's already a bust so we should all not watch this coming season since Sizzle, trainwreck, and the other trolling fools here said so. 🙄

• Pie 1

7 hours ago, glenwo2 said:

It is unprecedented because apparently Sam will never succeed here because he's already a bust so we should all not watch this coming season since Sizzle, trainwreck, and the other trolling fools here said so. 🙄

Nonsense. 

Literally everyone, including me, is pulling for Sam to be a smashing success and is eager to watch it play out -- literally one of the most compelling storylines across the entire league going into the season.  

• Beer 1

7 minutes ago, SBBlue said:

jets' management player evaluation is the key issue?

ok.

9 hours ago, PootieNunu said:

Drew Brees was also "giving up on" but he has a ring and old man Rivers does not.

I'm not saying that The Darnold is the next Brees, just saying it is not unprecedented. 

Brees didn't "only fail" and in fact was a Pro Bowl QB at his first stop -- there was zero questions that he'd be a success at stop #2. 

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

Brees didn't "only fail" and in fact was a Pro Bowl QB at his first stop -- there was zero questions that he'd be a success at stop #2. 

If there had been zero questions, he never would have left stop #1.

And in fact, there were major questions, especially about his shoulder. That's why only two teams really pursued him.

• Pie 3