• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How much of the Jets performance was really on Darnold?

SBBlue

16 minutes ago, 1usctrojan said:

It’s not as if Sam’s shown enough to warrant hope, sometimes as a fan, you’re tired of not being in contention, and you’ve been disappointed too many times.

I hope Sam is the answer, not just for him, but for Panther fans.

And you don't think Sam isn't tired of LOSING and being in a LOSING situation like he was?

You don't think Sam has that chip on his shoulder that must be the size of the Carolinas right now?

Yeah I do get that some have no expectation that this will end well based on what happened with Teddy but if that's the prevailing attitude, why are we even here then?

Aren't we fans?   Don't we always have hope beyond hope that things work out?

Don't we want Sam to succeed?    Some here do(like you, for example) but others don't for no other reason than to be proven right because they're jerks by nature(it's how they roll). 

• Pie 1

Just now, kungfoodude said:

Still got that room for me up there? Hell yeah. Might set up an AirBnB.

How you made that all about you is one amazing feat. You definitely have a high regard for yourself. Eh?

And would you please stop stalking me. That's twice you've chimed in. It's kinda creepy. 

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

How you made that all about you is one amazing feat. You definitely have a high regard for yourself. Eh?

And would you please stop stalking me. That's twice you've chimed in. It's kinda creepy. 

Says the guy stalking me thread to thread?

Speaking of mirrors....

8 minutes ago, glenwo2 said:

And you don't think Sam isn't tired of LOSING and being in a LOSING situation like he was?

You don't think Sam has that chip on his shoulder that must be the size of the Carolinas right now?

Yeah I do get that some have no expectation that this will end well based on what happened with Teddy but if that's the prevailing attitude, why are we even here then?

Don't we want Sam to succeed?    Some here do(like you, for example) but others don't for no other reason than to be proven right because they're jerks by nature(it's how they roll). 

The $1,000,000 question. We all want the Panthers to succeed. But some folks sure have a funny way of showing it. 

Just wanted to add. IMO, Panther fans are some of the best fans I have ever met. That said, the interwebz is the Devil.

Edited by iamhubby1
  • Pie 1

36 minutes ago, glenwo2 said:

I know for a fact Sam is tired of losing.  I believe in him, but I’ve seen him make some amazing, wow plays....then I witnessed the USC coaches ineptness after the Rose Bowl by completely changing the offensive scheme to one that did not suit his style of play, his style that won games.  They were fired the next year, the entire offensive coaching staff.

Then the triply inept Jets.

All that is in the past, he has another chance.  If the coaches and the players believe in him, he can be that guy that was so much fun to watch.

No one is stopping us from seeing the potential.

Edited by 1usctrojan
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

5 hours ago, SBBlue said:

What is more likely:

1)Darnold with a better oline, wrs, running back, OC and HC plays much better than Bridgewater....along with JC Horn improving our secondary substantially.

or

2)The 4th QB chosen in the draft from Ohio State goes to the BEARS and balls out.

If I had to pick, I say 1 is more likely.

Still scouting the helmet and not the player. Okay...

• Beer 2

35 minutes ago, glenwo2 said:

We all want him to succeed.

You seem to believe anyone not in your little camp of unbridled-cockeyed-optimists is by default looking for Sam to fail...

...this just isn't the case.

The odds are heavily stacked against Sam and acknowledging such is OK.

• Beer 1

29 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

You keep quoting me. Yet you think I'm the stalker? Not sure you really know what a stalker actually is.

Now quit quoting me. 

Odd that you love to use the "Now go ahead and get the last word in" phrase yet you do such persistently.

Interesting way of projecting.

11 minutes ago, 1usctrojan said:

I know for a fact Sam is tired of losing.  I believe in him, but I’ve seen him make some amazing, wow plays....then I witnessed the USC coaches ineptness after the Rose Bowl by completely changing the offensive scheme to one that did not suit his style of play, his style that won games.  They were fired the next year, the entire offensive coaching staff.

Then the triply inept Jets.

All that is in the past, he has another chance.  If the coaches and the players believe in him, he can be that guy that was so much fun to watch.

No one is stopping us from seeing the potential.

Former #3 pick. An Offense that could have made Teddy a star. And Sam has a poo ton more talent than Teddy. Lots of weapons. 

IMO, lots of reasons to be hopeful over. Especially at this time of year. Now get back to me after 8 games to revisit the topic.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

10 minutes ago, trueblade said:

Still scouting the helmet and not the player. Okay...

It's not different than any other offseason. Hope and homerism springs eternal, mixed with our little band of non-Panther fans that are just player surfing. Rather telling that as vocal as they are they are such a small group.

9 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

We all want him to succeed.

You seem to believe anyone not in your little camp of unbridled-cockeyed-optimists is by default looking for Sam to fail...

...this just isn't the case.

The odds are heavily stacked against Sam and acknowledging such is OK.

These specific optimists are not Panthers fans. They are just Darnold fans. 

It's interesting how thin skinned they are. Lashing out at anything they perceive to be as too critical. At least the USC fan is capable of seeing that Darnold is not some flawless player without any fault for his current predicament. 

The reality is that we took a flyer on a high ceiling, very low floor bust because we couldn't get a more surefire option. So, unless we as actual fans want to watch our fourth straight losing season, we better hope this experiment works out. It's a lot easier to swallow being wrong about a player and winning than being right about a player and having hopes in our franchise dashed....yet again.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

In the last 50-years there have been 10 QB's drafted at #3.

The majority have been busts and only 2 ever started more than 50-games and produced an overall winning record (Matt Ryan & Steve McNair). 

image.png.e216858f14cc2756b78113b0ca4b6a79.png

Edited by SizzleBuzz

1 minute ago, iamhubby1 said:

Former #3 pick. An Offense that could have made Teddy a star. And Sam has a poo ton more talent than Teddy. Lots of weapons. 

IMO, lots of reasons to be hopeful over. Especially at this time of year. Now get back to me after 8 games to revisit the topic.

What gives me hope is the praise from very good NFL defensive players (Sherman, JJ Watt, Clooney,etc) who played against him.  Your HC stated that the defensive coaches went to him regarding Sam.  In college, our first team defense raved to anyone who’d listen, about Sam on the scout team.  

QBs play against defenses, for me, their praise means more than a QBs offensive teammates’ praise.

They just want the damn ball (Keyshawn reference here), defenses want to destroy the opposing QB.

• Beer 2

2 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

In the last 50-years there have been 10 QB's drafted at #3.

The majority have been busts and only 2 ever started more than 50-games and produced an overall winning record (Matt Ryan & Steve McNair). 

image.png.b35af380fa4d41b7610d63d986420170.png

Interesting that it was only 10 QB's taken at #3. 

Narrowing it down to the #3 pick is probably a little too specific. The data on first round bust QB's going to a second team and succeeding is pretty damning alone. 

The best hope we have is that the Jets were truly enough of a dumpster fire that Sam had very little fault. Even then, we have to hope it hasn't permanently stunted or ruined his development. 

That's a lot to have to hope for. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1