• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Robby Anderson being shopped?

3 hours ago, MechaZain said:

Robby might be the most tradeable asset on the team right now. Still pretty young, career year, position we can afford to downgrade. I think this was just due diligence going into draft night. 

I guess this depends on the operational definition of "tradeable."  I think if we define tradeable as someone who has value but is expendable, that fits Robbie more than Burns or CMC (No offense Robbie, the Bear isn't gonna trade you). Even Though Burns and CMC may be more valuable- there are not as "tradeable" because we can't replace what they do (and are capble of doing) as easily as we can probably replace Robbie's production.

That said- I like RA and have no doubt that he may actually be better than many of us think.

Edited by Michael G
  • Beer 1

25 minutes ago, Little Goody Two Shoes said:

Didn't really believe this at first. Then saw comments made by Robby about Teddy and trading for Sam.

3:18 mark

I thought the reason why Robby came to the Panthers was because of Matt Rhule. 🤔

It is hard to envisage a scenario where the Panthers would be better off without Anderson next season.

His previous relationship with QB Sam Darnold will be crucial in Darnolds pursuit of proving his doubters wrong, so even though he might leave for nothing next spring it would be wise to keep him on the roster to assist with this transition, at the very least.

• Beer 2

1 hour ago, Little Goody Two Shoes said:

Didn't really believe this at first. Then saw comments made by Robby about Teddy and trading for Sam.

Full disclosure.  This has the full interview and not the edit. 

https://www.nfl.com/news/robby-anderson-ready-to-recapture-very-good-chemistry-with-new-panthers-qb-sam-d

Robbie is a bad interview here.    It is kinda funny.  When immediately asked about Sam he gives them absolutely nothing.  Then his first compliment as they realized they were going to have to pull teeth was about Sam throwing it up into double coverage lol. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Little Goody Two Shoes said:

Maybe the Broncos will take him off our hands. Robby is not our #1 WR. I guess he is upset because he knows he will be not be the favorite target for Sam.

He needs to have his ass in Charlotte participating in OTAs. I really dont care if he plays another down for us if he feels that strongly about Teddy. Yes he had career numbers, but we were a losing team. If all he cares about are his personal stats, good riddance.

• Pie 1

24 minutes ago, CRA said:

Full disclosure.  This has the full interview and not the edit. 

https://www.nfl.com/news/robby-anderson-ready-to-recapture-very-good-chemistry-with-new-panthers-qb-sam-d

Robbie is a bad interview here.    It is kinda funny.  When immediately asked about Sam he gives them absolutely nothing.  Then his first compliment as they realized they were going to have to pull teeth was about Sam throwing it up into double coverage lol. 

This says completely different from the PnP guy who simply took a snippet from Robby who was put on the spot and said "It's surprising...*mumble* *mumble*"

Thanks for the article.

23 minutes ago, glenwo2 said:

This says completely different from the PnP guy who simply took a snippet from Robby who was put on the spot and said "It's surprising...*mumble* *mumble*"

Thanks for the article.

I mean, he didn’t come off good.  Big picture he wasn’t giving normal PR a player does in that scenario about adding a player.  I mean, you know those host are like….we need DJ’s number next time.  

But Robbie is weird and it might just be Robbie being odd(his normal).   Haven’t really seen a lot of him in these situations.  I mean we laugh about the bear comment….but the dude probably isn’t the best rep for national tv interviews on what we do no matter the circumstances. 

4 hours ago, Little Goody Two Shoes said:

wow...

Why wasn't Robby in attendance at OTA's...??

Edited by SizzleBuzz

9 hours ago, Khyber53 said:

Anderson is a knucklehead, though, and has a way of talking himself into trouble. Not the brightest tool in the shed, perhaps he said some things as the season wore on that weren't taken well by coaches and management, but that didn't make it to the media.

Please elaborate further...

...what are the specifics?

7 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

I'd probably vote Brian Burns for that spot. On ability, McCaffrey but Burns has an infinitely more tradable contract.

Mind you, I'm not interested in trading either one.

Left out Burns and Chinn because I don't think we can afford to trade them, but I agree that they're our most attractive pieces.

Edited by MechaZain