• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Robby Anderson being shopped?

Riddle me this: if, on dat 1 of the draft, an AFC team offered a 4th & 2022 2nd for Robbie, would you be mad at that trade?

and if Fitt turned it down?

i like Robbie, especially with DJ & CMC & Co, the whole is greater than & all that, just asking…..

48 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

Please elaborate further...

...what are the specifics?

8 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

Disney world for his daughters birthday according to his IG account 

How dare he!   Right, Sizzle? 😏

Anyway, OTA's are voluntary so I don't see anything worth concerning about.

8 hours ago, j2sgam said:

Riddle me this: if, on dat 1 of the draft, an AFC team offered a 4th & 2022 2nd for Robbie, would you be mad at that trade?

and if Fitt turned it down?

i like Robbie, especially with DJ & CMC & Co, the whole is greater than & all that, just asking…..

A 2nd and 4th for Robbie?

I’d have Sir Purr and Tepper go pack up his house for him 

8 hours ago, glenwo2 said:

How dare he!   Right, Sizzle? 😏

Anyway, OTA's are voluntary so I don't see anything worth concerning about.

he can do whatever he wants. 

but he is on 1 year deal.  We just brought in a brand new QB and still have a new coaching staff and O here on top of that. 

It’s voluntary.  It’s not the end of the world.  But that is not what you want to see given the circumstances.  

people are acting like just because they played together in NY that either of them liked each other or brought out the best of each other. Anderson can't catch the fastball. It's why he worked with Bridgewater. Look at his catch percentages for every other year besides last year and you'll see why there's a VERY reasonable expectation that he's going to take a step back. 

1 hour ago, Vagrant said:

people are acting like just because they played together in NY that either of them liked each other or brought out the best of each other. Anderson can't catch the fastball. It's why he worked with Bridgewater. Look at his catch percentages for every other year besides last year and you'll see why there's a VERY reasonable expectation that he's going to take a step back. 

Sam doesn't exactly throw Bullets either, though.

9 minutes ago, stbugs said:

100%. We aren’t a SB contender this year and Robbie is likely gone so outside of Sam having a security blanket, that would have been an instant yes. A lot more than we ever would have gotten in a comp pick and it might have gotten canceled anyway.

I'd love to extend Anderson but I'm not expecting it.

Very possible the Marshall pick was to backfill for that eventuality.

• Pie 1

On 5/27/2021 at 8:29 AM, CRA said:

It might not be because he dislikes Sam specifically but the scenario he finds himself in. 

It could just be he is in the last year of his contract coming off a breakout season.  It's a business.  It's not an ideal spot to go into this season like that.   Players want some security when they think they deserve it.  

Imagine if Robbie broke his leg week 2?  It's a perfectly reasonable stance that Robbie's team could of already been in serious talks with the new GM about Robbie's situation.  In fact, I would think that is likely a certainty.  

I think Robbie was not happy with Sam’s inability to get the ball in his hands as he thought he should while with the Jets.  Justified.   Imagine his frustration, the nfl is a business, and getting balls over, or under thrown or uncatchable is costing you money.

Often that doesn’t allow you to see that your QB is frustrated as well, because he has no outlet (run game), crappy line, few dependable weapons, and coaching that handcuffs you from doing what you’re best at.  Frustration, rather internal or vocal, leads to poor decisions.  I feel for Robby, likely thinking “oh sh*t, here we go again”. As you say down here, hope “y’all” give it some time to work out.

Edited by 1usctrojan

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

I'd rather have him and his familiarity with Darnold this year, then take the likely 3rd round comp pick.

I mean, I would listen to your sales pitch.  I probably shut the door on you if we still had Samuel though.  

1 minute ago, CRA said:

I mean, I would listen to your sales pitch.  I probably shut the door on you if we still had Samuel though.  

Yeah, me too. I just think Robby will be valuable this year and give Darnold his best chance of recovering from his likely shellshocked state. We've hitched out wagon to Darnold. Give him his best chance, because honestly if he flops I think Rhule's seat is going to start warming up.

I think Robbie likes Teddy better (They're both S. Florida Boys) based on the interviews, but I'm not sure he actually has concerns about Darnold. Like Sam's, Robbie's production was partially limited by Gase's offense. He seemed to be tasked with a very limited route tree based on what I've seen in NY. I remember there was a lot of talk about how he was able to be a bigger part of the offense (running a more expanded route tree I bet) here in Carolina. The way Brady used him he was able to shed the reputation he had has a "one trick pony".

I would like to see him run some of those comebacks, outs and digs like he did in NY on the sideline- He and Sam seemed to be able to connect on those and they were impossible to defend. Its the type of play that would come in handy at the end of games to stop the clock and keep the chains moving.

Edited by Michael G