• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jones trade talks heating up

Mr. Scot

1 minute ago, Michael G said:

I heard they are packaging him with Matt Ryan to GB for Aaron Rodgers and some draft capital!

My source is the Wino in downtown Charlotte mentioned in another thread!

Any chance that's the same homeless guy that told Jim Haslam to draft Johnny Manziel? 🤔

• Pie 1

I don't blame Jones for finally wanting to get out of there. As much as I have hated to see him destroy Panthers defenses I have never heard a bad word about him as a man or a teammate. So this tomfoolery about him being a diva or that he shouldn't or doesn't have the right to do what he's doing is bullocks. Do you Julio fug the Falcons I'm enjoying this entertainment.

• Pie 1

13 minutes ago, rayzor said:

If I'm the falcons and saw his phone convo with Sharpe, I'd listen to where he wants to go and ship him somewhere else.

I'd heard that they were trying to be respectful of him and accommodate his wishes.

That call made it look like the respect didn't go both ways.

1 hour ago, Trainwreck said:

Julio is going to Tennessee. That is going to be nasty. 

The Titans might win the damn Super Bowl next year. They are going to be unstoppable on offense if they pair up Jones with AJ Brown and Derrick Henry.  YIKES!!

• Beer 1

Jones is a 32 year old WR, but I could see them getting a 1st from a team that thinks he's the piece that puts them in the SB. I think the Ravens and Titans make the most sense in terms of their roster needs, their reasonable expectations of competing, and them being in the AFC. The Pats are the dark horse IMO. Belichick is pushing 70. He doesn't have a lot of years left.

• Beer 2

27 minutes ago, joemac said:

The Titans might win the damn Super Bowl next year. They are going to be unstoppable on offense if they pair up Jones with AJ Brown and Derrick Henry.  YIKES!!

It would make a LOT of sense for the Titans IMO. I wouldn't be surprised if the wheels start falling off of Henry soon. That running style takes its toll. There aren't many Jerome Bettis and Jamal Lewis types that last long-term running like that.

Even though Henry is only 27 and Jones is 32, they might be on similar career timelines.

• Beer 1