• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jones trade talks heating up

Mr. Scot

14 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

It would make a LOT of sense for the Titans IMO. I wouldn't be surprised if the wheels start falling off of Henry soon. That running style takes its toll. There aren't many Jerome Bettis and Jamal Lewis types that last long-term running like that.

Even though Henry is only 27 and Jones is 32, they might be on similar career timelines.

Which means they also qualify as a team going for it this year. And expect their first round draft pick to be at or at least near the very bottom of the round

17 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

It would make a LOT of sense for the Titans IMO. I wouldn't be surprised if the wheels start falling off of Henry soon. That running style takes its toll. There aren't many Jerome Bettis and Jamal Lewis types that last long-term running like that.

Even though Henry is only 27 and Jones is 32, they might be on similar career timelines.

Your comment makes me think of Earl Campbell.  Probably the best running back I saw, at least for five or so years.  

47 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Very possible, in fact, probably likely....BUT Henry could also be the next Adrian Peterson/Frank Gore/Bettis type of guy who kicks ass well into his 30s.  Its crazy that hes only 27.  I feel like I have been seeing him truck guys for 12 years now.

34 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

Your comment makes me think of Earl Campbell.  Probably the best running back I saw, at least for five or so years.  

I saw a story where Earl Campbell was hit by a truck a couple of years ago.

Word was the truck survived but it needed a lot of repair work.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 2
  • Poo 1

When reports start getting specific about the amount of trade capital (1st rounder) and expected time (next week) it sometimes can be the team looking to trade the player trying to create interest.  I’m not saying that is the case all of the time but definitely sometime.

I’m thinking a second, but as others have said maybe a first from a really good team who expects to be picking late in the round.

16 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

it's a lie 

I believe it is as well. I don't think anyone is giving up a 1st rounder for a 32 year old overpaid receiver. 

What will he realistically add to an offense? 800-1000 yards and 5 or 6 touchdowns for maybe 2 years if that?

He has scored 8 or more touchdowns 4 times over a ten year career and only started all 16 games 3 times.

Anything more than a late 2nd round pick is too much. I think a third is more likely. 

Edited by PootieNunu
  • Beer 1