• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2021 Who is our 'Rival'?

CanadianCat

Atlanta. Forever. 

I was at a Foo Fighters concert and Grohl mentioned they had just come from Atlanta. In unison the entire crowd loudly booed. He asked why we did that and the crowd again loudly booed. It's a Charlotte thing.

As for the Saints, it's more a Sean Payton thing than the team. 

To me personally, the Falcons just down the road in Atlanta are our biggest rivals. I have often traveled to Atlanta for the Panthers vs Falcons games and come away with a feeling of sadness and remorse.

Please watch the video and notice how unselfishly Cam, gives up his body attempting to make a first down.

• Pie 1

Division rivals. We don't play anybody else enough for there to be a significant rivalry outside of the Division. 

Atlanta straight up owns us in the wins/loses column. 

The Saints have always been a thron since Brees. 

The Bucs have won 2 championships, yet they are one of the most inconsistent teams in out division. 

So for me, it's Always going.to be Atlanta and whomever the divisional champion is. 

• Pie 1

On 5/27/2021 at 1:49 PM, NAS said:

I still think it's Atlanta and New Orleans.  We'll need to finish second to prove ourselves this year

If I only get to pick 1, I'm going ATL, mainly because they're so close. Ironically, I've never considered TB a rival, really, because, well they suck. Looks like they showed me! This year, I'd say they're who I want to beat the most, because that would likely mean that we win the division. 

BTW, fug the Taints too.

• Pie 2

I think to have a great rivalry you need certain players to make it a little more than a football game.   We just have had so many all around good dudes that play for us. 

maybe Horn can help with that.   Not saying Horn isn't a good dude.  But we need some trash talk.  We some edge before and after the whistle.   

On 5/27/2021 at 4:52 PM, RJK said:

I’ve noticed over the last 2 years these division rival games don’t seem to matter to Carolina. It’s all ho hum just another game. Would be nice to see a little extra against those divisional foes 

Free Agency killed rivalries.  Now it’s hard to develop a tradition when the guy you pulled for last season plays on the team you hate this season.

• Beer 1

On 5/28/2021 at 12:54 PM, KatsAzz said:

To me personally, the Falcons just down the road in Atlanta are our biggest rivals. I have often traveled to Atlanta for the Panthers vs Falcons games and come away with a feeling of sadness and remorse.

Please watch the video and notice how unselfishly Cam, gives up his body attempting to make a first down.

Stop.😪  You're making me tear up.  Cam at his peak.

He truly was superman.

• Pie 1

On 5/28/2021 at 10:49 AM, Trainwreck said:

We don’t have a rival. We haven’t been competing with anyone. Apparently it’s been Rhule vs Ron. Fitterer vs Hurney. That’s all you guys talk about. 

Rhule beat Ron last year. 

Fit is finessing the draft while Hurney is looking for his lost car keys.