• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Stanley Cup Playoffs: Round One, Game 6

Harbingers

21 minutes ago, USDepartmentOfSavagery said:

He’s played pretty well IMO. Lazy passes and canes out of position has led to the majority of goals this series.

TBH, I haven't witnessed a single one, in watching the majority of the games, but somehow always miss seeing the Preds' actual goals lol.  But, when I've watched, he still looks so shaky, although I do see our guys out of position and/or mishandling the puck.  And I thought I saw him and Mzarek both had a .92 save percentage, so I was curious why we had opted with Nedeljkovic.  I heard going into the playoffs that all 3 guys had played well and Rod said it was a good problem to have, but I didn't like that lol.

• Pie 1

23 minutes ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

He's the guy who led the NHL in save % and Goals allowed a game, Goals are on more than the goalie.

Wow, I had no idea he did all of that...  makes sense then lol.  I just felt he looked shaky at times so far.  Seemed to mishandled the puck and such, and Saros has made some incredible saves and faced a ton of pressure from our attack...  but, as lightsout stated, it's also Ned's first playoffs, so I can see there being some jitters.

And I know the defense and positioning plays a huge role in goaltending, but admiittedly, I hadn't seen the actual goals they've scored for whatever reason...  not even the replays.  I either was driving or switched to the NBA games and missed them, but I've literally watched like every minute of the last 3 games minus their goals.😂

5 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

TBH, I haven't witnessed a single one, in watching the majority of the games, but somehow always miss seeing the Preds' actual goals lol.  But, when I've watched, he still looks so shaky, although I do see our guys out of position and/or mishandling the puck.  And I thought I saw him and Mzarek both had a .92 save percentage, so I was curious why we had opted with Nedeljkovic.  I heard going into the playoffs that all 3 guys had played well and Rod said it was a good problem to have, but I didn't like that lol.

Mrazek had a ridiculous .98 save percentage the first six games he played this season before injury, He wasn't great when he came back and only played like 9 games all season, NED'S puck handling is usually superb and I suspect the ice conditions are contributing tonight to a few of his mishandles. He Adds a TON to the offense with ability to play the puck.

• Pie 4

13 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

There's a weird stat called expected saves, meaning would-be goals that the goalie is usually saving basically. Mrazek was 9. Ned was 14. Reimer was in the negative. Lol.

They're all good goalies, Rod stuck with the hot hand in Ned. Mrazek has the experience but he's not as explosive after the injuries.

Here's a good playoff stats run down on goalies, just to put it in perspective.

http://moneypuck.com/goalies.htm

Goalie isn't something that's easy to look at and know exactly what a good goal and what a soft goal is for most casual fans (took me watching since 2005 and playing goalie in NHL15-20 to really grasp it, honestly). Ned is playing very well. Could be better, but he's 25 and this experience is either going to make him become a league great or he'll wilt.

Edited by lightsout
forgot link
  • Pie 2