• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Stanley Cup Playoffs: Round One, Game 6

Harbingers

3 minutes ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

Mrazek had a ridiculous .98 save percentage the first six games he played this season before injury, He wasn't great when he came back and only played like 9 games all season, NED'S puck handling is usually superb and I suspect the ice conditions are contributing tonight to a few of his mishandles. He Adds a TON to the offense with ability to play the puck.

Agree, I mentioned to Mrs. Storm during Game 5 at how many defensive zone face-offs and Preds possessions were avoided and break-outs started due to Ned’s puck handing, it was a lot!  Those extra possessions add up during the course of a game and a series.

Great win!  On to TB!

• Pie 3

Just now, Harbingers said:

I think we see Mrazek to start round 2 if its any sooner than Tuesday.

We'd all understand the reason why...but maaaaaan idk. Risky to mess with the mojo. Ned getting rest is pivotal though. He saw a lot of really good, tough cross crease shots so you know he's tired after all the ot this series.

• Pie 2

2 minutes ago, lightsout said:

There's a weird stat called expected saves, meaning would-be goals that the goalie is usually saving basically. Mrazek was 9. Ned was 14. Reimer was in the negative. Lol.

They're all good goalies, Rod stuck with the hot hand in Ned. Mrazek has the experience but he's not as explosive after the injuries.

Here's a good playoff stats run down on goalies, just to put it in perspective.

http://moneypuck.com/goalies.htm

Goalie isn't something that's easy to look at and know exactly what a good goal and what a soft goal is for most casual fans (took me watching since 2005 and playing goalie in NHL15-20 to really grasp it, honestly). Ned is playing very well. Could be better, but he's 25 and this experience is either going to make him become a league great or he'll wilt.

Nice.  Man, me and my brother played NHL hardcore for years, but once they went to the preloaded generic builds when you went into the EASHL games, I quit buying it.  I used to play some goalie and was pretty good, and it was fun, but I loved scoring and dangling lol.  I've thought about getting back into it...  for several years, I told everyone it was the best sports game out there, and I'm a basketball/football guy first in regards to sports experience/ interest. 

• Pie 2

Just now, Proudiddy said:

Nice.  Man, me and my brother played NHL hardcore for years, but once they went to the preloaded generic builds when you went into the EASHL games, I quit buying it.  I used to play some goalie and was pretty good, and it was fun, but I loved scoring and dangling lol.  I've thought about getting back into it...  for several years, I told everyone it was the best sports game out there, and I'm a basketball/football guy first in regards to sports experience/ interest. 

My love for hockey grew because of the games tbh.

• Pie 2