• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Christensen’s grade per the Panthers

ncfan

I watched the segment and it was the poo. 

I was giving Fitterer a hard time for being uncomfortable in interviews. But man he was smooth in that draft room. Really nice collaboration and Rhule had a lot of input as well.

Edited by Swaggasaurus
  • Pie 2

9 minutes ago, stbugs said:

I know Gettleman had some terrible decisions but I miss him a bit on the OL. In year 2 of his drafting we had an OL with the middle of Norwell, Ryan and Turner. In year 4, he added Daryl Williams who after his solid year in Buffalo was pretty solid and just got hurt. He added Oher who was solid until concussion and in the last year added Moton. All in 5 drafts. Marty in 3 years just subtracted and we have to hope we extend Moton and the rookies work out. After 1 non-Hurney draft I feel better already. Not finished but at least we aren’t ignoring it and wasting lots of day 2 picks on reaches instead of solid IOL. I’m hoping that we found our Gross and Norwell or Turner and Norwell so we can extend Moton and we are 2 OL away from a study OL.  

This is the same Oline that the Cam fans say wasn't good enough, right?

Sorry it's tough to keep up around here. 

• Pie 2

14 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Yes, the one that after they started playing together at the end of 2014 and went 22-2 before the SB and was ranked top 2/top 5 in all kinds of rankings. Yep, that one. It’s too bad the injuries killed them in 2016. I was at training camp the day TD and Ryan were going at it and Ryan hurt his shoulder. Felt like he was never quite the same. They weren’t bad in 2017 either with Norwell, Ryan, Turner and Williams anchoring the OL. Moton was the jumbo package guy and had some great blocks like on that long Stewart TD against Minnesota I think.

People get so hung up on LT that they forget how good that interior was from the second half of 2014 through 2017 aside from Ryan missing some time.

So you're saying Cam Newton didn't carry the franchise on his back?

This is not the story I hear on the Huddle...

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Swaggasaurus said:

I watched the segment and it was the poo. 

I was giving Fitterer a hard time for being uncomfortable in interviews. But man he was smooth in that draft room. Really nice collaboration and Rhule had a lot of input as well.

I don't get how you ever thought he looked bad in interviews. He's always came across as very confident and well spoken to me.

1 hour ago, stbugs said:

I know Gettleman had some terrible decisions but I miss him a bit on the OL. In year 2 of his drafting we had an OL with the middle of Norwell, Ryan and Turner. In year 4, he added Daryl Williams who after his solid year in Buffalo was pretty solid and just got hurt. He added Oher who was solid until concussion and in the last year added Moton. All in 5 drafts. Marty in 3 years just subtracted and we have to hope we extend Moton and the rookies work out. After 1 non-Hurney draft I feel better already. Not finished but at least we aren’t ignoring it and wasting lots of day 2 picks on reaches instead of solid IOL. I’m hoping that we found our Gross and Norwell or Turner and Norwell so we can extend Moton and we are 2 OL away from a study OL.  

For every good line decision he made he matched it with an equally mind-boggling stupid decision. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, rayzor said:

Probably a great comparison. Great OG, reliable OT.

I'll take it over the poo we've had to deal with for years.

At 24 years old, Christensen is the type of prospect who can come in and immediately contribute.

His 31 1/4″ arms may preclude him from a full-time job as a tackle in the NFL, but Christensen can jump inside to guard and be an immediate starter for the Panthers.

5 hours ago, MHS831 said:

I get that.  Sounds right.  So he is our next travelle wharton.

Brady Christensen showcased his athleticism at his Pro Day. His 10-4 broad jump is an all-time mark for offensive tackles.

He added to that with 30 reps on the bench, a 34″ vertical jump and a 4.89 40-yard dash.

The Panthers need athleticism and versatility along the offensive line and that’s exactly what Christensen will bring.
  • Pie 3
  • The D 1