• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Christensen’s grade per the Panthers

ncfan

11 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

For those of us that are draft nuts, we were the ones pitching a fit when we moved up for Little.  It was the casual fans here that couldn't understand what all the commotion was about, especially when they would Google Little and saw what his potential was SUPPOSED to be.  Key word being "supposed" because he basically plateaued in college after early success and then absolutely tanked in the pre-draft activities.  Needless to say, those of us that keep up with such things saw the red flags waiving vigorously and why we were not shocked to see Little's drop in the draft and likewise why we were absolutely baffled that Marty moved up to get him.

No offense to the "draft nuts", but y'all don't all agree....and some projected busts succeed and vice versa.

I believe there is a huge difference between:  we did nothing to address a glaring need and we did something different than what the fans/draft nuts wanted.

People worrying about safety here, have a legit gripe, because we've essentially done nothing.

People worried about the oline should wait and see if Christiansen, Brown, and Moore  pan out.  

Edited by SBBlue

15 minutes ago, SBBlue said:

Non fan sites had Little graded at 2 and sometimes 1.

Who do you respect?

NFL.Com :WILL BE STARTER WITHIN FIRST TWO SEASONS

CBS: ;CBS Sports has Little as the No. 16 overall prospect and the No. 2 offensive lineman

PFN:Greg Little is a top offensive lineman in this draft and will be a top first round pick.

SI: First round

Walter Football:Player Comparison: Russell Okung

Many players were polarizing drafts, even Cam and Luke.

It wasn't just fans, and wasn't just the panthers high on Little.

That is the media versus the scouts/league. That kind of thing happens every draft. Even a lot of media sources stated he is a boom or bust prospect and a lot of teams had him graded as a late round/Day 3 prospect. 

We were one of the teams fooled by that potential.

3 minutes ago, SBBlue said:

No offense to the "draft nuts", but y'all don't all agree....and some projected busts succeed and vice versa.

I believe there is a huge difference between:  we did nothing to address a glaring need and we did something different than what the fans/draft nuts wanted.

People worrying about safety here, have a legit gripe, because we've essentially done nothing.

People worried about the oline should wait and see if Christiansen, Brown, and Moore  pan out.  

Everyone has opinions on players and they will differ widely. That is no different than what happens in the NFL amongst the professionals. 

It is difficult to justify that trade up when draftniks, media types and league sources all had a laundry list of cons to go with his pros. To me, that isn't a guy you trade up for. Especially with some of the work ethic concerns that he had and the poor showings at the workouts.

3 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

caused the entire League to pump the breaks on him...except Marty Hurney.

The entire league?

All we know is he wasn't chosen in the first round.  Most projections were 2nd round.  We took him top of the second, we don't know who would have taken him where.

When people complain about draft picks, they act like they know how a prospect will turn out...or what the "entire league" is thinking.    Someone might have drafted him before or after us...we don't know.

I showed you predraft profiles from legitimate sites.

Where are your profiles that say "DO NOT DRAFT GREG LITTLE!"

3 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

It is difficult to justify that trade up when draftniks, media types and league sources all had a laundry list of cons to go with his pros. To me, that isn't a guy you trade up for. 

Very very few draft profiles fail to list a bunch of cons for even first round draft picks.  I remember reading about Cam's personal/offield concerns and his decision making.

The draftniks complain when a player is drafted because he wasn't their player and if he busts, he goes "see I told you so."  When they're wrong, well, there are very few crow posts here.   Meanwhile the draftniks fav busted as well...

Draft grade/draft rank/draft position/ draftnik opinion, and fan opinion don't have that much predictive value.

The entire league?

All we know is he wasn't chosen in the first round.  Most projections were 2nd round.  We took him top of the second, we don't know who would have taken him where.

When people complain about draft picks, they act like they know how a prospect will turn out...or what the "entire league" is thinking.    Someone might have drafted him before or after us...we don't know.

The onus is on you brother, not me.  I'm 100% on my recollection of Little in that draft.  Feel free to dig through my posts if you want. I'm not a draft expert, but I get a good amount of stuff right.  I admittedly get some wrong too.  Luke probably being the biggest one, not because any questions of ability, but because we had bigger needs than MLB in that draft, especially with already Beason here.

• Beer 1

Very very few draft profiles fail to list a bunch of cons for even first round draft picks.  I remember reading about Cam's personal/offield concerns and his decision making.

The draftniks complain when a player is drafted because he wasn't their player and if he busts, he goes "see I told you so."  When they're wrong, well, there are very few crow posts here.   Meanwhile the draftniks fav busted as well...

Draft grade/draft rank/draft position/ draftnik opinion, and fan opinion don't have that much predictive value.

Yeah, I don't think you saw the same kind of cons for Little. He was widely viewed as a project player and a college underachiever. When you pile on his abysmal showing in the workouts and his spotty film, he had the kind of red flags that you would normally associate with a 4th round or later prospect. Hence why some teams had him as a late round prospect. 

Hurney, in typical fashion, got blinded by what could be and lost sight of what actually was. Fairly standard move for him.

• Beer 1

12 minutes ago, SBBlue said:

The entire league?

Why did he "fall" from the first round then?  While I wouldn't have been thrilled with him at our original slotted pick in the second round, the questionable part was moving up to get him.  That's what made a questionable pick even worse.

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Why did he "fall" from the first round then?  While I wouldn't have been thrilled with him at our original slotted pick in the second round, the questionable part was moving up to get him.  That's what made a questionable pick even worse.

Yeah, and had we selected him in the 3rd round or later without any trade up(and he likely would have been available) then I wouldn't even have an issue with him being a bust now. 

After the third round, I fully expect most players will not be successful. That is literally the history of those picks.

Any time you nail a 4th round or lower guy, that is a huge victory.

11 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

The onus is on you brother, not me.  I'm 100% on my recollection of Little in that draft. 

Uh-huh

Thats fine, I looked, you're going to have a very hard time finding reputable sources beyond messageboards warning people off Little. I couldn't find any...soooo.

BTW, Keuchley, that's a pretty big miss.

7 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Why did he "fall" from the first round then? 

I seriously couldn't find the "entire league" posts on why everyone knew Little sucked.  I'm done looking, right now I think it only exists on messageboards.  

While I wouldn't have been thrilled with him at our original slotted pick in the second round, the questionable part was moving up to get him.  That's what made a questionable pick even worse.

I wouldn't mind so much if he panned out. He hasn't yet.

1 minute ago, SBBlue said:

Uh-huh

Thats fine, I looked, you're going to have a very hard time finding reputable sources beyond messageboards warning people off Little. I couldn't find any...soooo.

BTW, Keuchley, that's a pretty big miss.

I seriously couldn't find the "entire league" posts on why everyone knew Little sucked.  I'm done looking, right now I think it only exists on messageboards.  

I wouldn't mind so much if he panned out. He hasn't yet.

It doesn't take that much Googling to find the critical comments about him. Walterfootball had them, PFN had them, NFL.com had them. Those are just the ones off the top of my head. 

If anyone is still waiting for him to pan out.....I wouldn't hold my breath. If you think our opinion of him is low, I can't imagine how you would likely react to the actual coaching staff opinion of him.

Just now, kungfoodude said:

It doesn't take that much Googling to find the critical comments about him. Walterfootball had them, PFN had them, NFL.com had them. Those are just the ones off the top of my head. 

If anyone is still waiting for him to pan out.....I wouldn't hold my breath. If you think our opinion of him is low, I can't imagine how you would likely react to the actual coaching staff opinion of him.

Dude those exact sites say the exact opposite.  I used them to support my position:

• Beer 1

4 minutes ago, SBBlue said:

Dude those exact sites say the exact opposite.  I used them to support my position:

lol reading is fundamental. Now prepare for the rebuttal explaining how you are still wrong.

Edited by iamhubby1

-Greg Little, Mississippi: Looked like a pure RT running the 40 where he posted very pedestrian time of 5.33 with a slow 10-yard split of 1.84. Didn’t show much explosion in the vertical, but his short shuttle was okay.

OL 2019 Combne notes

Another disappointing assesment

Losers

These guys struggled on Friday, while also happening to all have significant concerns on their tape as well.

Greg Little, OT, Ole Miss

Owner of the second-worst 40 and the third-worst vertical jump, Little didn't impress in most of the drills he did do at the Combine, but it may have been the on-field workout where he looked the most concerning. He moves well on tape, but his movements are unorthodox and his footwork can look different on a rep-to-rep basis. I like Little as a developmental prospect that needs significant technical improvements, however understanding what he is right now as a player will be important for teams.

• Beer 1