• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Christensen’s grade per the Panthers

ncfan

24 minutes ago, SBBlue said:

I was trying to look for BC's performance against good competition.  So I watched some tape.  The guy is not a mauler, he's a frustrating moving wall for opponents.  He doesn't even try to put them in the dirt, just keep them from making the play which he succeeds at most of the time.

He faced Payton Turner from Houston, 1st rounder to Saints.  Now Houston moves their guys around a lot so he wasn't up against him every play.  BC largely did the job.  One play though Payton juked, went inside and got the sack.  

BYU OL vs Houston 2020 - YouTube

I don't really have much hope he is going to be our answer at LT, so hopefully he can make an impact at OG. Given where he was drafted, if he is ultimately a good, versatile utility backup OL, that's acceptable. Would prefer him to become a multi-year, effective starter but it won't be a five alarm fire if he isn't.

• Pie 1

16 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I don't really have much hope he is going to be our answer at LT, so hopefully he can make an impact at OG. Given where he was drafted, if he is ultimately a good, versatile utility backup OL, that's acceptable. Would prefer him to become a multi-year, effective starter but it won't be a five alarm fire if he isn't.

How would you compare him to Scott who had 4 starts against the Bucs, Lions,Det,WFT?

I'm wondering if at one point we will have 2 UDFA from Grambling starting on our line.

Edited by SBBlue

My take on Christensen is he may be our best option at LT this season.  I had my hopes for Sewell, but the Lions screwed that up.  Next draft we take the franchise LT.  Brady may surprise us, but I think he will at least be serviceable, more so than our other options.  Will he give up some pressures/sacks? Sure, especially early, but as long as he progresses and gives up fewer pressures/sacks as the season goes on, I would consider that a win for for him. 

Right now, I have him beating out Irving, Scott and Little for LT.  His OTAs and camp would have to be pretty unspectacular for me to change my mind on that.  He is a rookie, so you never know how they will do in their first camp.

• Pie 1

6 hours ago, 45catfan said:

My take on Christensen is he may be our best option at LT this season.  I had my hopes for Sewell, but the Lions screwed that up.  Next draft we take the franchise LT.  Brady may surprise us, but I think he will at least be serviceable, more so than our other options.  Will he give up some pressures/sacks? Sure, especially early, but as long as he progresses and gives up fewer pressures/sacks as the season goes on, I would consider that a win for for him. 

Right now, I have him beating out Irving, Scott and Little for LT.  His OTAs and camp would have to be pretty unspectacular for me to change my mind on that.  He is a rookie, so you never know how they will do in their first camp.

I thought Finesser should have not trade the 2nd pick and drafted Eichenburg. He had the best chance to start this season, last real LT in the draft. I just do not see how a 32 inch arm Christ is going to work as a LT, unless they go FULL zone blocking w/ heavy movement(which would hurt Brown and Moore...). Chirst ends up at OG, LG and thats where my odds are. LT just needs to be at the top of needs (unless ginger...) AGAIN next year....

Ive been holding this back, Im super disappointed in not drafting a Center. I know Elf was added via FA, just not a fan at all. Center should have been a draft pick(one in the 2-5 range). I believe in recent years its gained the most value and some think it has more value than LT. We truly need both Erv and elf to not have the same type of season as their last three.

Edited by Basbear

6 hours ago, SBBlue said:

I think Scott did just fine last year.  I think he's going to give BC a run for his money.  I'm really interested to see if David Moore blossoms like Scott.

There is some intriguing talent on that line. Going to be fun watching it all play out. Just be average to start, and improve as the year goes on. Is that too much to ask?

• Pie 1

PFF names seven Cougars to their NFL Draft Big Board (247sports.com)

there is a question of whether Christensen's athleticism can make the jump from BYU's schedule to the NFL. If you're only watching BYU's 2020 film, that seems like a reasonable argument to make. 

But, Christensen did, in fact, play more than just last season. In four straight games against Utah, Tennessee, USC and Washington, Christensen allowed a total of four pressures in 2019. He did that while he was just a sophomore and breaking in a new offensive line coach. 

meh I'm fine with the grade or whatever...

but here's what I'm thinking or better yet let's say seeing & that is that this kid has really good control over the lower half of his body starting at his hips to his feet or let's say nice footwork& yeah matter of fact even as nice enough to very well be the best LT prospect on our current roster as of right now

...oh yeah...&   of course just saying😀

2 minutes ago, bandu said:

meh I'm fine with the grade or whatever...

but here's what I'm thinking or better yet let's say seeing & that is that this kid has really good control over the lower half of his body starting at his hips to his feet or let's say nice footwork& yeah matter of fact even as nice enough to very well be the best LT prospect on our current roster as of right now

...oh yeah...&   of course just saying😀

YEAH!!!

• Pie 1