• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Peak offseason post: Black Helmets

Eazy-E

14 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

The silver does seem a little dated. Even a matte grey would look better...

After how the Jaguars butchered their own matte gray helmet and quietly got rid of them it might be best to leave that style alone. At some point the uniforms will be redone and the helmets should and will be redesigned along with that. For me any new helmet design should be silver or black anything else is just overthinking it and not necessary.

• Pie 1

45 minutes ago, frankw said:

After how the Jaguars butchered their own matte gray helmet and quietly got rid of them it might be best to leave that style alone. At some point the uniforms will be redone and the helmets should and will be redesigned along with that. For me any new helmet design should be silver or black anything else is just overthinking it and not necessary.

the dude your opinion GIF

On 5/27/2021 at 5:08 PM, TheSpecialJuan said:

Return of two helmets remains possible for 2021

The NFL has been considering the possibility of dumping the rule that limits players to one helmet per season. That rule is unpopular for many, because it necessarily prevents teams from using throwback or alternative uniforms based on helmets with a different color than their base helmets.

According to the NFL, there’s still no update on the possible return of multiple helmets for 2021. Even though the issue wasn’t raised at the ownership meetings conducted this week, NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy said that this change, if it happens, requires no discussion or vote among ownership

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/05/27/return-of-two-helmets-remains-possible-for-2021/

Does anyone have any insight into why the league has this rule?

It strikes me as the sort of arbitrary nonsense as your HOA dictating exactly where you can and can't fly a flag on your own @#$%ing property. 

@#%$ off with this sort of arbitrary pointless nonsense. Unless you can put forth a non stupid reason, let them wear however many different helmets they want in a season. 

Stupid.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, 1of10Charnatives said:

Does anyone have any insight into why the league has this rule?

It strikes me as the sort of arbitrary nonsense as your HOA dictating exactly where you can and can't fly a flag on your own @#$%ing property. 

@#%$ off with this sort of arbitrary pointless nonsense. Unless you can put forth a non stupid reason, let them wear however many different helmets they want in a season. 

Stupid.

It was put in place when all of the safety and concussion stuff was going on.  There were some safety advisory committees that made the recommendation to the NFL, and the NFL implemented it.

1 hour ago, Wes21 said:

It was put in place when all of the safety and concussion stuff was going on.  There were some safety advisory committees that made the recommendation to the NFL, and the NFL implemented it.

Thanks for the info, but how does this relate to safety or concussions? What am I missing here?

On 5/29/2021 at 11:52 AM, 1of10Charnatives said:

Thanks for the info, but how does this relate to safety or concussions? What am I missing here?

The studies and data suggested that there was a break in period and other factors involved with new helmets.  So according to the committees, it was deemed "safer" to have 1 broken in helmet over the course of an entire season than having new helmets introduced periodically thru the year.

However colleges change helmets all the time.  And the results have been at least partially contradictory to what the safety comittees told the NFL.

• Pie 1

What is this annual obsession w/changing the Panthers uniforms?

Panthers have been around for 26 years and:

Haven't won a Super Bowl.

Don't have back to back winning seasons.

But, what we do have are the "Greatest Uniforms in NFL History".

It’s now down to the final two. The 49ers will face off against the winner of the alternate/classic uniforms bracket. That’s the Carolina Panthers 2012 alternate uniforms.

... And guess what? They’re going to win — as of this posting, the Panthers have over 500,000 votes, while the 49ers have about 85,000.

https://totalpackers.com/2013/07/remember-that-greatest-nfl-uniforms-contest/

The Panthers yesterday were voted as winners of NFL.com's "Greatest Uniform in NFL History"

https://www.sportsbusinessjournal.com/Daily/Issues/2013/07/25/Franchises/Panthers.aspx

Those were the days my friends.  We thought they'd never end.

Edited by NanuqoftheNorth