• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Le’Veon Bell on Jets offense under Gase

Ja  Rhule

32 minutes ago, rayzor said:

normally i am more than ok with a division rival having a crappy HC, but schiano was dangerous. i mean he was going to get someone killed. that whole poo with blitzing on the final play kneel down twice...i mean what a putz. 

if he didn't get someone seriously hurt with his crap, he was going to get himself hurt by either a player or coach from another team or by someone on his own team. EVERYONE hated him, probably none more than the guys on his team. i honestly felt bad about them. well...not really, but i could have.

I was fully expecting somebody to knock the snot out of him.  If it was somebody on the opposing team, I am pretty sure nobody on the Bucs would have done anything to stop it.  If it had been somebody on the Bucs, I don't think anybody else on the Bucs would have seen anything.  Heck, if it had been one of the officials nobody would have cared.

The guy was an embarrassment on every level.

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, Sgt Schultz said:

I was fully expecting somebody to knock the snot out of him.  If it was somebody on the opposing team, I am pretty sure nobody on the Bucs would have done anything to stop it.  If it had been somebody on the Bucs, I don't think anybody else on the Bucs would have seen anything.  Heck, if it had been one of the officials nobody would have cared.

The guy was an embarrassment on every level.

you could tell the bucs really didn't like that call but they did it anyways. i don't think it would have taken much for a full on mutiny. supposedly he treated every single player like a child and yelled at them constantly like they were idiots. gruden was known to be a demeaning and condescending jackass to the players, but i don't think he was anywhere near the level of schiano.

• Pie 1

5 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

He seems to be a very level headed guy with a low level of drama. It would be nice for him to work out as a QB because he doesn't seem like he is going to get you in trouble with his mouth(Brees/Cam/etc). 

The key is going to be how the O-Line performs for him.

If they can be just Average (which is way better than the Jets), he'll have a chance to make some throws within the system.

1 minute ago, glenwo2 said:

If they can be just Average (which is way better than the Jets), he'll have a chance to make some throws within the system.

The issue I have with this is that is exactly the definition of a game managing QB. That is basically what we had last season.

I don't think there is any question Darnold won't be as good as Stafford or Watson but he needs to be appreciably better than Teddy for that trade to matter.

• Pie 2

31 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

The issue I have with this is that is exactly the definition of a game managing QB. That is basically what we had last season.

I don't think there is any question Darnold won't be as good as Stafford or Watson but he needs to be appreciably better than Teddy for that trade to matter.

the reason that i am as high on sammy is that he isn't the safe game managing option that teddy was. i want NOTHING to do with that. 

i don't want him to play i safe. i don't want him to be just a system guy. i want him to be in an offense that spreads out the offense, gives him lots of options, but also lots of freedom to play sandlot ball and be the scrambling gunslinger that i know can win us games and make it fun to watch. 

• Beer 3
  • Flames 1

3 minutes ago, rayzor said:

the reason that i am as high on sammy is that he isn't the safe game managing option that teddy was. i want NOTHING to do with that. 

i don't want him to play i safe. i don't want him to be just a system guy. i want him to be in an offense that spreads out the offense, gives him lots of options, but also lots of freedom to play sandlot ball and be the scrambling gunslinger that i know can win us games and make it fun to watch. 

This.  

No really, read it again until it sinks in.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, rayzor said:

He isn't going to be a game manager anyway. He is a gunslinger, he basically stated he plans to stick with that. 

The biggest question is where he falls on that scale. Is he a measured gunslinger in this offense or does he go full Favre and just plain wing it. I guess even when he is being a disaster at least it will be more fun to watch than Teddy was last year. At least we will know it is over and not have to suffer through being close and then having him choke away a victory.

fug me that was miserable.

• Pie 2

2 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

That's fair.   We don't want him to be Teddy.    We want him to be better than that and I feel, imo, that he will.

But he needs, like all QBs, for the O-Line to play well so he can show us one way or the other if he's got a future here or not.

No QB can throw the ball while on his back, after all.

• Poo 1

10 hours ago, glenwo2 said:

All the OL has to do is hold their block for 3 seconds.  Anything more than that is gravy.  After 3 seconds Sam better have it out of his hands or on the run if he wants to make a career out of this.  That is the timing mark they should shoot for with him.  I'm sure he has been coached to do just that, well maybe not in NY because who knows what they were thinking.

As an aside, poor Wilson better hope the new coaching staff is worth a crap because his career development greatly depends on how well he is coached at this level.  

You could say the same for Sunshine.

• Flames 1

9 hours ago, rayzor said:

Even the team don't want that. 

You saw in the Panthers Confidential video the Front Office having a discussion about the trade.

They very much want him to play within the system. The fact that he can make things happen when the play breaks down is an added bonus. 

Bridgewater didn't play within the system and that's why they quickly moved on from him - he refused to take the shot plays when they were there and struggled massively when the field compacted in the Red Zone.

Darnold is a mouldable piece of clay for Brady and Ryan. He has all the tools you look for in an NFL QB and is young enough / coachable (eager) enough to do what he's told. 

• Beer 4