• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Le’Veon Bell on Jets offense under Gase

Ja  Rhule

Free agent Le'Veon Bell said opponents would call out running plays under ex-Jets coach Adam Gase.

"I don’t consider a 'HB dive' on third and short EVERY TIME an opportunity,” Bell said on Twitter. “We line up, they call out the play, that’s not opportunity, on top of the play being a dive. I can’t make [stuff] shake with that.” Bell blames the Jets' playcalling for his decline the last two seasons. It's not the first time a Jets player has called out Gase, who benched LG Alex Lewis for the final six games of 2020 over similar comments and was criticized by ex-safety Jamal Adams. Bell didn't find much success after his New York release, where he mostly served as a backup in his 12 game run with the Chiefs. The 29-year-old expects to sign with a team before the start of the season.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

Yes Adam Gase was bad. We don't need to reassure ourselves on that. He sucked and rode the coattails of Manning.

This is on us as an org and Sam now. He's in a better situation. He doesn't need to be a world beater this year, just show progress. 

Edited by Rags
  • Pie 3
  • Beer 3

26 minutes ago, Ja Rhule said:

Free agent Le'Veon Bell said opponents would call out running plays under ex-Jets coach Adam Gase.

"I don’t consider a 'HB dive' on third and short EVERY TIME an opportunity,” Bell said on Twitter. “We line up, they call out the play, that’s not opportunity, on top of the play being a dive. I can’t make [stuff] shake with that.” Bell blames the Jets' playcalling for his decline the last two seasons. It's not the first time a Jets player has called out Gase, who benched LG Alex Lewis for the final six games of 2020 over similar comments and was criticized by ex-safety Jamal Adams. Bell didn't find much success after his New York release, where he mostly served as a backup in his 12 game run with the Chiefs. The 29-year-old expects to sign with a team before the start of the season.

Another player blaming Gase.  

tenor.gif?itemid=12348115

Gase was bad...but he has become sort of a punching bag just like some want to put it all on Darnold.

Fact of the matter, Bell lost a step or two.  Combine that with a bad offensive scheme and you get the jets.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 1

Gase sucked. 

But Bell isn’t the Pitt RB anymore and proved that in KC.   I mean he speaking truth…but also using that to deflect IMO away from the fact he doesn’t have it anymore.   That year off did him in to a degree. 

Lots of teams have poo play callers.  Think Shula has the best win % of any OC in Carolina. 

• Pie 4