• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Interesting notes from The Athletic Bob McGinn's article

3 hours ago, Trainwreck said:

You’re trolling if you dont believe that Luke was a perfect prospect. Player on the field + person off the field + smart on the field and classroom = PERFECT

https://www.google.com/amp/s/pantherswire.usatoday.com/2018/02/02/watch-luke-kuechly-reads-his-ridiculous-nfl-draft-profile/amp/

I mean just Google this poo and stop trying to troll. Here is Luke reading his draft profile about “inflated stats” “lack of speed” and “poor strength” just go to the Bears forum and stay attached to Fields’ nuts.

• Poo 1

6 minutes ago, Trainwreck said:

You guys just quit. Luke is a once in a generation MLB. Would’ve been a locked for HOF if he would just play for another 2-3 years. There’s a reason why he went 9th overall in the draft. I don’t care what some stupid scouts say about Luke pre draft. He was a perfect prospect.

You're not even good at trolling.

20 minutes ago, Trainwreck said:

You guys just quit. Luke is a once in a generation MLB. Would’ve been a locked for HOF if he would just play for another 2-3 years. There’s a reason why he went 9th overall in the draft. I don’t care what some stupid scouts say about Luke pre draft. He was a perfect prospect.

Yes, he is a generational MLB, based on his career. We were discussing the fact that no one is a perfect prospect.

See analysis from before the draft:

-routinely driven off the ball

-Kuechly takes too many false steps. 

-No player makes more tackles, but rarely are these clean tackles where Kuechly read the play and made a dynamite pursuit and form tackle.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/1031882-luke-kuechly-2012-nfl-draft-scouting-report

• Pie 1

52 minutes ago, Trainwreck said:

No one is saying he wasn’t a great HOF MLB. You are pivoting because I showed you scouts didn’t have him as a perfect prospect. I mean it’s a video of Luke himself reading it. So clearly some fans could have listened to similar scouts and been disappointed at the pick when it happened. He turned out to be one of the NFL’s best players, but that’s not what you were debating.

26 minutes ago, Santee_Panther said:

Yes, he is a generational MLB, based on his career. We were discussing the fact that no one is a perfect prospect.

-No player makes more tackles, but rarely are these clean tackles where Kuechly read the play and made a dynamite pursuit and form tackle.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/1031882-luke-kuechly-2012-nfl-draft-scouting-report

He knows he was proven wrong and is trying hard to pivot to Luke’s career which isn’t even a debate.

• Poo 1

48 minutes ago, Santee_Panther said:

I wouldn't quote the Bleacher Report pretty much ever.

That said I loved Kuechly, but I was worried that he was a wrap and drag tackler. I wasn't sure how that'd translate to the NFL where everyone is bigger and faster. 

• Pie 1

Potential Title IX Violations could point to a whole array of things. Without specifics details it easy to assume sexual harassment or something of the sort, but complaints (or violations) could involve and sort of gender bias of the program or school, as well as a student. Without details its hard to know how Dayvion was exactly involved in "whatever", these off the field issues were. I would hope that Rhule and the scouts vetted Dayvion and got more information from the school about what happened than the press did. IF Dayvion plays well and becomes a star you better believe "whatever it was" will come to light sooner or later.

• Pie 2
  • Poo 1

Kueckly was a junior when he was drafted and he came from BC which isn't exactly a football powerhouse and he wasn't really hyped like many guys. So most of what folks saw were the stats where he was second in tackles his freshman year and 1st his sophomore year. But we had a good debate between those who thought he was good but not worth a top 10 pick and folks like me who where huge fans of him well before the draft. I said then that he was not only a top 10 pick but he was the best defensive player in the draft that year at any position. That if we got him at 9 it would be a steal. 

Edited by panthers55