• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Shi and the senior bowl.

1 hour ago, SBBlue said:

Wild guess, we have 3 starters and 1 ST guy...so 3.5 starters? Horn (day 1), Tremble, Christensen (probably guard), and Lawrence (day1) are starters by end of season.  

Marshall (along with Arnold) will be pulled in the moment we hit the red zone for the jump balls.

Taylor will go in the cornerback rotation ...remember Bouye is suspended the first SIX games.   By end of year Taylor will have numbers similar to Elder, which was 39% of snaps.

Shi will probably have Pharoh Cooper like numbers 13%.

Dixon will have Kerr like numbers... 30% of snaps.

Deonte Brown and Phil Hoskins,  I just don't see them playing much.

If that happens, that was a very successful draft. TBD how it turns out. We'll know in 2-3 seasons.

1 hour ago, SBBlue said:

Wild guess, we have 3 starters and 1 ST guy...so 3.5 starters? Horn (day 1), Tremble, Christensen (probably guard), and Lawrence (day1) are starters by end of season.  

Marshall (along with Arnold) will be pulled in the moment we hit the red zone for the jump balls.

Taylor will go in the cornerback rotation ...remember Bouye is suspended the first SIX games.   By end of year Taylor will have numbers similar to Elder, which was 39% of snaps.

Shi will probably have Pharoh Cooper like numbers 13%.

Dixon will have Kerr like numbers... 30% of snaps.

Deonte Brown and Phil Hoskins,  I just don't see them playing much.

We don't have a Lawrence on the roster.

Bouye has 2 games left on his suspension 

• Flames 1

6 hours ago, 1of10Charnatives said:

I sorely wanted at least one OL starter from this draft, preferably LT, and it does not look like we got it. I will be pissed at the Lions for a while for grabbing Sewell one spot ahead of us, especially if he turns out to be as good as advertised. We'll see if Christensen pans out, but as of this moment our biggest weakness on offense wasn't WR depth, it was OL, and there were better options on the board than Brady when we drafted Marshall. All of this WR talent doesn't matter unless Darnold is upright to throw the ball.

After years and years of patchwork OL play and the unit getting short shrift when it came to the draft year after year, I was very much hoping this was the year we got serious about the OL, but the FO's approach so far looks to be more of the same in this regard as in the past. I like a lot of what I see otherwise, but if Darnold gets hit and knocked down and chased around a lot this year, I'll be yelling Fitterer's name along with some choice epithets at the tv.

The critical and immediate need to protect your team's most crucial position continues to elude this organization year after year, seemingly regardless of who is running what part of the show. For the umpteenth year in a row we're going to trot a patchwork OL out there and cross our fingers.

So tiresome.

That's not what the Draft is for.

They didn't even have Slater on the board at #8. Would you rather they reach for a position of need or pick a player that the think is going to be an All-Pro?

They picked up contributors all across the board and three rookie OLinemen to add to the shuffle. Added to our two ex-first round OL we picked up in FA and that's five new names on the OLine. 

They consider Christensen a 2nd round OG off the bat (they'll let him fail at LT first), many had Brown as a Day 2 pick (his discipline around his weight will make or break his career) and Moore looked like one on the better OLineman at the Senior Bowl when they moved him to C.

That's a fine haul for one off-season. Get them in the building, work out what everyone does best in TC and see where you stand come Sept.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

17 hours ago, rayzor said:

that receiving corps is insane. can not WAIT to see it in action.

It's certainly potentially the best group we've ever had.

Which, coupled with McCaffrey, really opens things up for Arnold / Tremble to seriously contribute from TE.

19 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

That's not what the Draft is for.

They didn't even have Slater on the board at #8. Would you rather they reach for a position of need or pick a player that the think is going to be an All-Pro?

They picked up contributors all across the board and three rookie OLinemen to add to the shuffle. Added to our two ex-first round OL we picked up in FA and that's five new names on the OLine. 

They consider Christensen a 2nd round OG off the bat (they'll let him fail at LT first), many had Brown as a Day 2 pick (his discipline around his weight will make or break his career) and Moore looked like one on the better OLineman at the Senior Bowl when they moved him to C.

That's a fine haul for one off-season. Get them in the building, work out what everyone does best in TC and see where you stand come Sept.

I would wager Slater is much more likely to be an All-Pro than any of the lineman we signed or drafted. Now, will it be at LT? TBD. Will he be better than Horn? TBD. 

IMO the hope is that we upgraded the roster depth at OL and perhaps get one average starter out of it. The dream is that they were all home runs and we have 2-3 7+ year starters.

20 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

It's certainly potentially the best group we've ever had.

Which, coupled with McCaffrey, really opens things up for Arnold / Tremble to seriously contribute from TE.

I don't think you will see much contributed in the way of receiving from TE. Brady doesn't historically have a high TE usage rate in his offense. Nor are those guys elite pass catchers. 

It shouldn't matter if CMC stays healthy and our new WR signings can replace(or even exceed) Samuel's production.

45 minutes ago, Trainwreck said:

No he’s not. He’s good but not great to be taken with the 8th pick. Derrick Brown was overdrafted last year. Now, Rhule did it once again with Horn. I’m not complaining about the picks. I just think that both of the should’ve been a couple spots lower. You want a real corner? Check out Derek Stingley next year. 

Dude you consistently have the worst takes on this entire site, and that’s saying something. Congrats on the achievement. 

• Poo 1

Both Horn/Marshall were highly productive players in college against elite competition. Both tested off the charts. Marshall is a 1st rounder without the injury. 

he will be the 3rd WR. Take it to the bank. 

big and obvious difference with this draft vs Hurney drafts is that these guys all possess multiple or at least one elite physical trait. 

with Hurney drafts you couldn’t say the same consistently with each pick they made. 

• Pie 4

1 hour ago, Moo Daeng said:

We don't have a Lawrence on the roster.

Bouye has 2 games left on his suspension 

Crimany I meant Fletcher.  My bad.  Keep an eye on me.  Apparently I need to step away from the computer for a little bit.

• Pie 1

58 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I don't think you will see much contributed in the way of receiving from TE. Brady doesn't historically have a high TE usage rate in his offense. Nor are those guys elite pass catchers. 

It shouldn't matter if CMC stays healthy and our new WR signings can replace(or even exceed) Samuel's production.

In 2019 Thaddeus Moss set LSU positional records for both receptions (38) and receiving yards (570) at tight end in addition to four touchdowns; Moss also had five catches for 36 yards and a pair of scores in the team’s National Championship win over Clemson.

We didn't leverage tight end to receive last year  because  well, Thomas.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 hours ago, SBBlue said:

In 2019 Thaddeus Moss set LSU positional records for both receptions (38) and receiving yards (570) at tight end in addition to four touchdowns; Moss also had five catches for 36 yards and a pair of scores in the team’s National Championship win over Clemson.

We didn't leverage tight end to receive last year  because  well, Thomas.

TE usage in their passing game was still rather low. Especially compared to some of the NFL offenses with elite TE's in the NFL.