• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Shi and the senior bowl.

55 minutes ago, 1of10Charnatives said:

No.

You really don't.

Stop misrepresenting my position.

You keep insisting on asserting that my position has something to do with this particular player or that particular player when it doesn't, it's about organizational use of resources. I don't care one way or the other about Mayfield. What I care about was that when the Lions took Sewell, we pretended in the 2nd that OT wasn't still by far our most pressing offensive need. 9 tackles went off the board between Sewell and Christiansen. You're going to tell me that none of them was a better option than a luxury pick at a position group we're not hurting at, or that making additional moves to pick one of them plus someone else wasn't an even better option?

Receivers can be had in FA or via trade with relative ease. Good luck getting a quality tackle that way, or do you wanna take another swing at next year's Matt Kalil? Almost the only way to get your hands on a quality LT without paying through the nose for him is through the draft, so here's a really complicated idea, since LT matters a ton:

Draft more than one every decade.

Go hog wild and draft two in the same draft.

If you whiff, get even crazier and try again next year til you get something.

What you don't do is shrug your shoulders and go, oh well, we didn't get the best prospect, guess since we like a guy who will be available middle of the third we should ignore our massive need til then and just hope that one guy pans out. 

What does every coach always say in NFL? We wanna create competition. Good, draft two guys with solid potential and see which one earns it, instead of taking a shiny toy and crossing your fingers that your one mid round guy works out since you couldn't get the elite prospect.

OK you don't care about Marshal, even though you drone on and on about WRs.  You wanted two OL in the 2nd, but we didn't have two 2nd round picks, we'd have to trade down to get that but you wanted two anyway.   You wanted 2  of the 9 OT that we didn't choose because for some reason other than just draft position, you feel they are better than BC.

I'm sorry you didn't get any of the 9 OT that you wanted because they have some quality that BC doesn't have beside their draft position...probably younger with longer arms.

This happens every year.  People bitch because we ignored some need in the draft.  When we drafted Little someone would bitch about something else.  When we drafted D, people bitched about O.  When we draft D and O people bitch about position groups.  When we draft Oline in the top of the third, they bitch that we should have done it in the top of the second.

Trading down and stealing bargains as you drop is the correct strategy.   Trading down and taking BC gave us Marshal, Tremble, Hubbard, Nixon and Taylor...and I'm ok with that.  You obviously aren't.

All of if this is moot if BC becomes a serviceable LT this year (possible) or Greg Little steps up (seems unlikely).  

Edited by SBBlue

On 5/30/2021 at 11:16 AM, OldhamA said:

That's not what the Draft is for.

They didn't even have Slater on the board at #8. Would you rather they reach for a position of need or pick a player that the think is going to be an All-Pro?

They picked up contributors all across the board and three rookie OLinemen to add to the shuffle. Added to our two ex-first round OL we picked up in FA and that's five new names on the OLine. 

They consider Christensen a 2nd round OG off the bat (they'll let him fail at LT first), many had Brown as a Day 2 pick (his discipline around his weight will make or break his career) and Moore looked like one on the better OLineman at the Senior Bowl when they moved him to C.

That's a fine haul for one off-season. Get them in the building, work out what everyone does best in TC and see where you stand come Sept.

Love this post. We don't need 7 rookie probowlers for this to be a hell of an off season. I also like the idea of 2nd round graded LG that will compete for (and win IMO) LT. It's too easy to get overly excited about the newbies and start having delusions of grandeur for all of them. 

The truth is, we have improved every single aspect of our team this off season; secondary, LB, DL, OL, QB, RB, WR, TE, Hell, even ST looks better.

This discussion kind of reminds me of just how much misinformation there is out there.

In the Panthers Confidential video, you saw Alijah Vera-Tucker and Caleb Farley listed as trade down possibilities on Rhule's board, not Rashawn Slater. Yet in the weeks prior, there had been chatter that we liked Slater better than we liked Sewell.

Edited by Mr. Scot

I was upset when we did not take a LT in the 2nd Round. We traded back twice and added picks instead and then got T. Marshall. It is not what I would have done, but I'm at home sitting on my sofa so...not really my choice.

I can't really argue this one way or another now. I will wait and see if Scott or Christensen (or anyone else turns into a serviceable LT). As we get to the season some of us will have facts to back up our speculations. I am personally hoping that I was wrong and these guys know better than I...I wonder if Tepper will call me up if Darnold gets sacked 45 times this year and Marshall goes on IR after week 1? (I'd really like 6 or 7 figures to do what I do in here for my profession...I mean I was an unpaid assistant volunteer coach for a 1A program)

6 hours ago, Michael G said:

I was upset when we did not take a LT in the 2nd Round. We traded back twice and added picks instead and then got T. Marshall. It is not what I would have done, but I'm at home sitting on my sofa so...not really my choice.

I can't really argue this one way or another now. I will wait and see if Scott or Christensen (or anyone else turns into a serviceable LT). As we get to the season some of us will have facts to back up our speculations. I am personally hoping that I was wrong and these guys know better than I...I wonder if Tepper will call me up if Darnold gets sacked 45 times this year and Marshall goes on IR after week 1? (I'd really like 6 or 7 figures to do what I do in here for my profession...I mean I was an unpaid assistant volunteer coach for a 1A program)

Can I be your defensive coordinator?  

• Beer 1