• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Christian McCaffrey Workload in 2021

kungfoodude

2 minutes ago, L-TownCat said:

And THAT is what we are hoping for.  A team that isn’t dependent on CMC going ham.  Maybe 1 week he does, then the next DJ does, then maybe Robby or Dan Arnold or….

see?  That is the desired outcome.  CMC is great while others contribute so he doesn’t need to be the super hero.

You are all over the game plan.  That’s what they want to do.

I think they fell into that trap last year. I hope they avoid it and spread the ball around this year. If our offense is clicking, CMC should have a career low in receptions. 

3 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I think they fell into that trap last year. I hope they avoid it and spread the ball around this year. If our offense is clicking, CMC should have a career low in receptions. 

Or carries?  Where is he better?  Open field or ‘tween them tackles???

Just now, kungfoodude said:

I think his carries will remain about the same. I say receptions because if everything is working out, our WR corps is feasting.

Even with Chubba?  I know Christian is a RB but we all know he’s a WR(slot) too.  “If” Chubba gives us at least an option, CMC becomes the most dangerous variable on the field.

I know you know this, you’ve been talking about it.  

I’m not pitching an idea just what we could see.

Just now, L-TownCat said:

Even with Chubba?  I know Christian is a RB but we all know he’s a WR(slot) too.  “If” Chubba gives us at least an option, CMC becomes the most dangerous variable on the field.

I know you know this, you’ve been talking about it.  

I’m not pitching an idea just what we could see.

Well, he actually hasn't ever had 300 carries in a season. I think him being between 250-300 carries is about right. That should leave at least 100-150 carries for "other" backs. 

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

Well, he actually hasn't ever had 300 carries in a season. I think him being between 250-300 carries is about right. That should leave at least 100-150 carries for "other" backs. 

That leaves plenty of room.  Good call.

• Beer 1

9 hours ago, TheRumGone said:

Also I’m a bit skeptical of Chuba. He ran through wide open holes at OKS. He’s not gonna have that luxury in the nfl. His speed his ridiculous. But we don't have the line to make it work for him. Hopefully he can adapt, grow and be reliable. 

FIFY

Our line is not keeping any DL's up at night this season.

I think we have to limit the punishment on CMC...keep him on the field for sure...but we are seeing the wear and tear showing up from the riv era using him way too much but its because he was the only offensive threat...Riv always thought of himself as a brain surgeon but effectively...he was just a stir cook...