• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Samir Suleiman (Panthers Confidential)

DFive

55 minutes ago, Tr3ach said:

I love all this behind the scenes stuff they have allowed us to see this off season.   Its so refreshing even though I'm not sure the franchise has much to gain from it.

Right now they're gaining a ton of critical acclaim.

If we start winning on the field too we become a cool, hot new thing. If we continue to lose we'll be ridiculed.

It is what it is.

We've got a whole new FO down there. Not that we were familiar with the old one, but it gives fans a connection to the new one. 

I like it. Sure it's controlled, but it's something. They are trying to connect rather than keeping us ignorant and in our place like JR did.

• Pie 7

If you are the Panthers FO, why do you release this clip now?  You’ve already scored a big win with the fans with the Draft-night video. So why put this clip out?  Who is your audience and what message are you trying to send?  

• Poo 1

1 hour ago, Proudiddy said:

Yeah, I love seeing this stuff, but I have to wonder how that agent feels about this being shown and how it makes him look publicly?  

There is no way this gets released without the agent’s permission. He either gave it in advance, or afterwards.  Given how well prepared he was, I’d guess the former.  

• Pie 1

I love this access.   I takes away all the “keyboard GM’s” theory that we could of gotten guys for different amounts.  

Also really like how involved Samir is in a lot of this stuff.  Sometimes GM’s need a guy to take the keys away so we don’t end up with signings like Hurney used to do.  

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/watch-panthers-inside-look-dan-211451823.html

Panthers Wire

Watch: Panthers give an inside look at Dan Arnold negotiations

Carolina Panthers
a80d88a98f10263efdbb02267aafb9f0

If nothing else, the Carolina Panthers lead the NFL in good content. They’re the online gift to football fans that keeps on giving and continued to do so on Sunday.

As a bonus treat off the release of their “Panthers Confidential” feature, the team’s social media squad posted an intriguing look into the start of Carolina’s free-agent negotiations for tight end Dan Arnold. The clip shows Panthers director of player negotiations and salary cap manager Samir Suleiman take an early price check with Arnold’s agent, Erik Burkhardt, as general manager Scott Fitterer looks on.

Despite Suleiman’s insistence that he wouldn’t be willing to move off his initial two-year, $4 million offer, Arnold ended up landing a two-year, $6 million contract back on March 19. The deal guaranteed the 26-year-old $4.5 million, more than the Panthers’ first number entirely, with a $2.54 million signing bonus.

Edited by KatsAzz

Definitely got chills from watching this! The confidence Matt, Scott and Tepper showed in the war room is awesome!

That this confidence was shown is contagious! Listen to the guys they drafted and picked up, even Sam!

For them to be the best version of themselves they need that confidence and Carolina Panthers are doing it!  Gotta love it!
  • Pie 1