• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Samir Suleiman (Panthers Confidential)

DFive

5 hours ago, DFive said:

This guy is ruthless but I love it. Another great hire but I can see those rumors about him being a little rough with people being true after viewing this clip.

Came of as a little bit of an ass with that comment, but I like it. If any of my front office guy are gonna be a little rough around the edges I want it to be my cap expert. Hurney would have tripled the offer

• Pie 2

17 hours ago, JawnyBlaze said:

We wanted two for $4m, they wanted two for $7.5m, we got him for two for $6m. Sounds about right. 

I didn't think that was tough at all. I have negotiated harder buying a car. I wonder how that compares to Gettleman who had a reputation for tough negotiating. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

44 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

I didn't think that was tough at all. I have negotiated harder buying a car. I wonder how that compares to Gettleman who had a reputation for tough negotiating. 

Too tough ends up losing out on players you want. Like with Norman. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

46 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

I was a used car manager for years and I agree 100%. This call reminded me of conversations I’d have negotiating with wholesalers buying a high mileage trades from us. That’s just typical sales lingo. 

Edited by panther4life
  • Pie 2

I thought contract negotiations were Rob Rogers job before he went to Washington and Samir was hired.

This looked a bit staged. The agent knew how he would compare to our pass catchers off the top of his head during an unexpected phone calll? Seemed like old friends having some fun.

40 minutes ago, Moo Daeng said:

I thought contract negotiations were Rob Rogers job before he went to Washington and Samir was hired.

This looked a bit staged. The agent knew how he would compare to our pass catchers off the top of his head during an unexpected phone calll? Seemed like old friends having some fun.

They were in negotiations already it appears and the agent absolutely knows how he compares to teams showing interest. I was waiting for them to compare stats of TEs based on current salaries to production gained and use analytics. Given that is Teppers bend apparently. 

• Pie 1

43 minutes ago, Moo Daeng said:

idk I think it's entirely plausible that an agent would have his client's stats down cold while also having a good view of the free agency landscape and prospective teams. Arnold signed right in the first few days of free agency, so Burkhardt was probably on the phone about him multiple times a day.

I definitely have suspicions about some of the scenes in the main Panthers Confidential video being staged to some degree, however. but it's fine by me, because it made for a compelling bit of video storytelling that still had a ton of super rare access.

• Pie 1

12 hours ago, JawnyBlaze said:

Too tough ends up losing out on players you want. Like with Norman. 

That whole situation was so dumb.  Rescinding the tag, then panicking and using 3 of your 5 picks in the draft on corners... then letting the only good player we got in that draft walk after his rookie deal.  Just a bumbling mess of buffoonery.  

• Pie 4

On 5/30/2021 at 5:48 PM, Proudiddy said:

Yeah, I love seeing this stuff, but I have to wonder how that agent feels about this being shown and how it makes him look publicly?  

Wouldn’t be surprised if the agent signed off on this being released 

On 5/31/2021 at 5:30 AM, Mr. Scot said:

Nah. Fitterer wasn't part of the call he was on.

Great clip. Suleiman is definitely no softie.

He told Suleiman 2 years at the start then flashed a 5 when discussing money later on the call, but he was blown off.