• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Which Positions Have The Panthers Improved Most This Off Season

KatsAzz

36 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

That is exactly right and why we did it. We went for a strong arm because Teddy didn't have one. Did we overcompensate  and ignore the mental issues or did we think that the coaches could teach him in a hurry given what Brady did with Burrow in college.  And we got Horn to finally upgrade the corner position which is critical in this division. If we finally go to a more pressure defense with man press coverage I will be one of  Snow's biggest disciples.  I hate passive zones and predictable rushing schemes with no misdirection or overloads. Hopefully our staff are learning and borrowing the best of what they see to emulate. The NFL is a copycat league. Hopefully we are improving on both sides of the ball. It had been way too long since we made some noise. 2017.....  we are overdue.

Yep. The division is known to have killer passing games and unless we want to be the falcons, we had to find an answer and strengthen the pass D. Safety may have been weaker, but we rely on our corners much more heavily in the secondary. They didn't just improve the position, they turned it into a strength that could end up being the strongest CB in the division.

Meanwhile, at QB, we got the guy that turned Burrow around and we are giving him another young and moldable prospect with good tools already in place and one that we don't have to wait for the game to slow down for. 

And like you said about Snow and the defense...I think he will be aggressive and smart like we hope. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

4 hours ago, rayzor said:

I think you're right. As fans, most of us are in "win now" mode. As an organization under new management from top to bottom, they've got time to figure this out if they are taking the long view. Sam is super young. If he shows to be the guy and become perrenial winners and we get a ring, then this will have been about the best and smartest football move since the pats drafting Brady. 

If he blows up it just pushed the timeframe back a year and only cost us a 2nd round pick.

3 consecutive losing seasons erases any chance at looking too far ahead.  This team not only needs to win, but has to win.  And as it seems, Fitt believes this too.  How many moves has he made in one pandemic riddled offseason?  Maybe b/c we had Hurney so long but I've never seen anything like it.  They have gone full tilt for what seems like a big swing at this season.

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1

22 minutes ago, L-TownCat said:

3 consecutive losing seasons erases any chance at looking too far ahead.  This team not only needs to win, but has to win.  And as it seems, Fitt believes this too.  How many moves has he made in one pandemic riddled offseason?  Maybe b/c we had Hurney so long but I've never seen anything like it.  They have gone full tilt for what seems like a big swing at this season.

Yup.

Rhule: 'I want to win and I want to win right now' :: WRALSportsFan.com

at the 5:07 mark.

Edited by SBBlue
  • Beer 2

7 hours ago, rayzor said:

I'd like to think that DT and the OL were improved, esp. on the left side.

DT for sure, Jones, Fox and Nixon all should feast next to Brown soaking up double teams. Hell, Roy was a very pleasant surprise last season, I'm excited to see if he improves much with a real off season . Kerr and Obada were decent last year, but I really think that all 3 of the guys above will prove better.

As for the left side of the line... we lost Okung, but did we really? He WAS good for the few games he was healthy. But we gained Erving and Christensen at LT and re-signed Scott, who was also a pleasant surprise last year. At LG, we brought in Erving, Elfein, Brown, and Moore. Plus, if Christensen can't cut it at LT, and I really think he will, he'll likely be one of the best LG's in the draft.

So, yeah, a lot of improvement in both areas.

Edited by shaqattaq
  • Beer 4