• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jets Rookie Zach Wilson Compliments Sam Darnold, Calls Panthers "A Great Team"

KatsAzz

https://www.yahoo.com/.../jets-rookie-zach-wilson...

d7515865a9de668e2e3b15e2137dd18b

Jets rookie Zach Wilson compliments Sam Darnold, calls Panthers ‘a great team’

The Panthers kick off their regular season against the Jets in September. Together, these teams only won seven games last year, but there’s a lot of interesting storylines here. The NFL clearly thought so when they scheduled their Week 1 matchup.

Quarterbacks will dominate the discussion after both sides made seismic changes this offseason to the most important position on the field. New York traded their QB1 Sam Darnold to Carolina for three picks, then used their first-rounder on Zach Wilson, who should start right away. Asked about a showdown with the Jets’ former franchise QB, Wilson had nothing but nice things to say about both Darnold and the Panthers, per News12.

“I’ve talked to Sam before, he’s a great guy, but it’s not like I’m so pumped because it’s Sam. I’m excited because the Panthers are a great team, and it’s a great challenge for us. It has nothing to do with him. He’s a great player and he’s going to handle his own. It has nothing to do with the fact that he was here in New York, and now he’s there. I’m happy for him.”

Well, buttering up your opponents is certainly smarter than giving them bulletin board material. Credit Wilson for knowing that much.

Expectations for Wilson will be high after he was taken with the No. 2 overall pick in the draft. On film, Wilson has a ludicrous arm and moves as well as anyone can expect from a modern dual-threat QB. Adjusting to the speed of the pro game can be brutal even for top prospects, though. If Wilson needs any proof he can ask Darnold, who threw a pick-six on his first pass in the NFL.

As for the defense Wilson will be facing, the Panthers might have a potentially nasty pass rush led by Brian Burns and boosted by the acquisition of Haason Reddick. At middle linebacker, Denzel Perryman will be calling the shots – a superb upgrade over former starter Tahir Whitehead. Meanwhile, Jeremy Chinn will be roaming around all three levels. On the back end, the Panthers lost free safety Tre Boston but added a host of long cornerbacks who should radically improve their ability to play more man.

Edited by KatsAzz

The Panthers 2021 NFL season will kick off with some high drama as the Jets travel to Bank of America Stadium to face  our new QB Sam Darnold  and our own Carolina Panthers in Week 1,barring something weird happening.

I am expecting Darnold to give it his best shot and show the Jets they made a huge mistake giving up on on him, instead of placing a cast of good players and coaches around him.

7 minutes ago, Trainwreck said:

Zach Wilson 350 yards 3 tds

Sam Darnold 450 yards 5 tds

( Justin Fields 400 yards 4 tds 3 rushing tds)

You had my attention until i read down to ( "Justin Fields 400 yards 4 tds 3 rushing tds" ) Gotta love your sense of humor. 🙂

funny-cartoon-man-laughing-pointing-260n

Edited by KatsAzz