• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

June 1st (trade and cut transactions) rumors

Leotiger

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I hope we put CMC on a pitch count, especially if we're not in contention. 

I can see why you're saying what you're saying but if our best offensive player is on a pitch count we might as well wave the white flag now. If we want to end our streak as the joke of our division he is going to have to get significant attention from defenses.

17 minutes ago, Pup McBarky said:

This is absolutely factually incorrect. There are only so many touches to go around in a game. CMC absolutely drops Robbie's touches. To suggest otherwise is to suggest Brady is a numbskull.

I didn't say that they wouldn't. Obviously, whenever you add other weapons into the mix, everyone's touches will be affected. I would hope that just like Belichick and McDaniels do, we will do situational gameplanning each week and situational coaching and play calling each gameday that prioritizes what works. They didn't add new pieces to the puzzle like Terrace, Chuba, and Shi for no reason. Arnold and Tremble will hopefully add another dimension as well. I don't think they'll just force-feed CMC the ball, as well as they shouldn't. They shouldn't be force-feeding anyone in my opinion. 

Edited by top dawg
  • Pie 2

1 minute ago, frankw said:

I can see why you're saying what you're saying but if our best offensive player is on a pitch count we might as well wave the white flag now. If we want to end our streak as the joke of our division he is going to have to get significant attention from defenses.

Pitch count definitely doesn't mean he won't be heavily used. I just don't want to see us use this dude up before we're ready to compete.

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Pitch count definitely doesn't mean he won't be heavily used. I just don't want to see us use this dude up before we're ready to compete.

That is where the addition of a back like Chubba should come into play. Especially around the end zone. Between the 20's you do what you have to in order to move the chains but the best offensive teams have versatility in the redzone. The Panthers have put an emphasis on this recently.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, frankw said:

That is where the addition of a back like Chubba should come into play. Especially around the end zone. Between the 20's you do what you have to in order to move the chains but the best offensive teams have versatility in the redzone. The Panthers have put an emphasis on this recently.

I agree mostly. I do not think CMC will see fewer snaps, i do think that he will get fewer carries, with Chuba picking those up. I see him flexed out wide or in the slot quite a bit to spread the defense out. Honestly, the only way I see him taking less snaps barring injury is if Chuba or another rotational RB really learns how to pass protect. I think that's what keeps him in all the time b/c he's not only our best runner and receiver out of the backfield- he's our best pass protector at RB also.

The entire purpose of adding  a plethora of purported offensive talent is to make ourselves legitimately multidimensional on offense. As such, everyone, including CMC, will likely get less touches, but the offense as a whole will hopefully become markedly more efficient (as should the play calling). 

• Pie 3

18 hours ago, Mistuh Jones said:

Hmmmm

Youre smart, I think it makes perfect sense. Id even throw in a mid-late draft pick, if it got the deal done. This panthers unit would be a problem for most teams with just a "Ok" LT. Only one year of Anderson control too, while at a bargain......gimme that LT 12/10 times. 

7 hours ago, CRA said:

CMC and DJ Moore will be prioritized ahead of Robbie in the pass game.  They should be.  They are better overall threats.  That puts Robbie 3rd. 

CMC's injury aided Robbie and Samuel  Him not being in play was a factor in those two having the opportunity to post what they did.  I think it is fair to acknowledge that.  As well as Teddy's accuracy and being willing to take what was given....which also aided stats for some guys.  Which is why we had 3 WRs with 1000 total yards.....and yet our offense wasn't that good. 

This^