• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Stanley Cup Playoffs: Round Two, Game 2

Harbingers

12 minutes ago, Rocky Davis said:

They have to...no other two ways about it.  Bring it all, leave it all win or lose but no more of this moping around the ice.   I've seen enough of it.....

There has been no moping. They have played hard. There is no shame in just plain getting beat by a better team.

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, kungfoodude said:

There has been no moping. They have played hard. There is no shame in just plain getting beat by a better team.

Call it whatever you want. But, more than a few guys looked like they knew the loss was inevitable. Even after Svech scored. 

We had 6 statues passing the puck back and forth waiting for someone else to take a shot for a good 30 seconds during that "final push."

This is a very good hockey team, make no mistake. They still lack a couple pieces, but they have an identity and they play their game, which is far more than anyone can say about other pro sports team in the state.

Looking forward to the off-season and watching for the pieces they need to take the next step.

For those of you who want to talk sh!t about the Canes, go back to watching your Panthers and the NBA team in Charlotte, whatever their name is, and continue to live your miserable lives waiting for them to compete.

• Flames 1
  • Poo 1

13 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

This is a very good hockey team, make no mistake. They still lack a couple pieces, but they have an identity and they play their game, which is far more than anyone can say about other pro sports team in the state.

Looking forward to the off-season and watching for the pieces they need to take the next step.

For those of you who want to talk sh!t about the Canes, go back to watching your Panthers and the NBA team in Charlotte, whatever their name is, and continue to live your miserable lives waiting for them to compete.

Well Panthers should be competitive this year and the Hornets are getting better. 
Also is just freaking sports. Saying a person has a miserable life because they support the Panthers and Hornets is just stupid. Grow up. 

1 hour ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

Well Panthers should be competitive this year and the Hornets are getting better. 
Also is just freaking sports. Saying a person has a miserable life because they support the Panthers and Hornets is just stupid. Grow up. 

Wait, aren't you the guy who, just last night, said:

"Well that is that. Hurricanes are pathetic. Another promising season gone. Screw this team."

How about this- go fug off while you wait for the Panthers to get "competitive" and while the Hornets are "getting better" while the Canes continue to build on consistent success from the past 3 seasons.

• Flames 1

19 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

Wait, aren't you the guy who, just last night, said:

"Well that is that. Hurricanes are pathetic. Another promising season gone. Screw this team."

How about this- go fug off while you wait for the Panthers to get "competitive" and while the Hornets are "getting better" while the Canes continue to build on consistent success from the past 3 seasons.

Guy didn't watch a single game until this series.

I'd feel a lot better with tro and nino though.

Honestly though i think its time to gamble and put Geekie, Mccormick and Lorentz back together. Let Marty center svech+necas and move Fast back to the Staal line. Paquette has done nothing for me this series.

I mean Ned has been good up to this point but I feel like change is worth the risk right now, instead of in game 4, I think it’s time to put Mrazek in too. 

Edited by Harbingers
  • Pie 1

8 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

I'd feel a lot better with tro and nino though.

Honestly though i think its time to gamble and put Geekie, Mccormick and Lorentz back together. Let Marty center svech+necas and move Fast back to the Staal line. Paquette has done nothing for me this series.

I mean Ned has been good up to this point but I feel like change is worth the risk right now, instead of in game 4, I think it’s time to put Mrazek in too. 

We definitely need to shake things up a bit. The current lines aren't working. I'm not against putting Mrazek in now. But, imo, it's too little too late. He should have played games 4 & 5 against Nashville. 

I'm starting to wonder if we need to let someone other than Rod make the goalie decisions in the playoffs? 

I still think fatigue is the biggest factor in this series. We were as close to the spiderman meme as NHL teams can get in the regular season. Kucherov is good, but not good enough to explain the difference on the ice. 

The good news is that fatigue fades. We are not out of this series yet. Is being down 2-0 in a home playoff series ideal? Hell no! Is it going to be harder to come back and win this without Nino and Trocheck? Absolutely.

But, reports of our demise have been grossly overstated. 

• Pie 1

12 minutes ago, Stumpy said:

We definitely need to shake things up a bit. The current lines aren't working. I'm not against putting Mrazek in now. But, imo, it's too little too late. He should have played games 4 & 5 against Nashville. 

I'm starting to wonder if we need to let someone other than Rod make the goalie decisions in the playoffs? 

I still think fatigue is the biggest factor in this series. We were as close to the spiderman meme as NHL teams can get in the regular season. Kucherov is good, but not good enough to explain the difference on the ice. 

The good news is that fatigue fades. We are not out of this series yet. Is being down 2-0 in a home playoff series ideal? Hell no! Is it going to be harder to come back and win this without Nino and Trocheck? Absolutely.

But, reports of our demise have been grossly overstated. 

I mean honestly Kucherov hasn’t done much besides being a presence we have to account for. He’s had what? 1 assist and two rush chances on the forecheck?

Tampa is completely happy to sit back play defense and let Vas freeze every puck. They know they’ll get 1-2 on a few chances and Vas will do the rest. We need to flip the script on them. I mean frankly there is no way they should have won last night besides Vas. 

If we can get 1-2 past Vas early, by any means necessary, Tampa is going to crumble. We need to provoke them physically and get them out of position. Even if that means taking the penalty kill early. Finally, Aho, Necas and others have got to find the net. They left 3 goals on the table between the two of them yesterday(yes Vas should have been called for one of them yesterday). We left 4 goals on the table in game one with post shots as well.

We haven’t gotten any lucky bounces, but also Tampa’s entire game like I said is to disrupt our rebounds and passing lanes. We have to realize they are just going to be throwing their sticks around in the middle when ever we are on the forecheck and pressuring us behind the goal. Two things that really fug us up. Also we are playing one high because they are trying to slip a guy in behind our defense every single forecheck. That’s really throwing us off. 

I expect them to go full offense this game at home with the last change, to fug us up even more. That’s why I think throwing all the rooks on the ice to create chances is the right move here. Geekie and McCormick both want to prove they deserve to be on a roster, they can bring that young energy that might bail us out of this mess. Let Dougie and Slavin cover their asses. 

Score first -> pick a fight(doesn’t have to be punches but lay somebody out) -> Score again -> then play Tampa’s game against them. 

• Pie 1