• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Stanley Cup Playoffs: Round Two, Game 2

Harbingers

"The Carolina Hurricanes aim to square up their second round series against the Tampa Bay Lightning before the series shifts to Florida.

Game 2

(3) Tampa Bay Lightning vs. (1) Carolina Hurricanes

Tampa Bay leads series 1-0

Tuesday, June 1, 7:30 p.m.

Watch: NBCSN

Listen: 99.9 FM The Fan, Hurricanes.com/Listen, Hurricanes app

Tracking the Storylines

Resilience: A game into the Second Round, the Canes are facing their first series deficit of this postseason. But it's just one game, and a best-of-seven against the defending Stanley Cup champions figured to be a grind and a battle. This Canes group has been resilient all season, and now they have to dig deep and even up the series before it shifts to Tampa.

"Nothing has come easy for this group, ever. Nothing is ever handed to them. Everything they've gotten they've earned," head coach Rod Brind'Amour said. "We're in the playoffs. We're going to have to go earn every inch of ice we get and every goal. This group has always bounced back. I don't expect anything different."

Next Man Up: Nino Niederreiter, who was one of the Canes' two 20-goal scorers in the regular season, is "very, very doubtful" to return in the Second Round, according to Brind'Amour. Niederreiter did not play in Game 1 after leaving practice early over the weekend. In his absence, Cedric Paquette dressed for the first time since April 29, after he missed the last six games of the regular season with a lower-body injury.

"Injuries happen. That's part of the game," Brady Skjei said. "It's the next guy up. I think this team's depth is one of the strongest assets. We know the next guy up is going to step up and fill those minutes.""

https://www.nhl.com/hurricanes/news/game-2-preview-tampa-bay-lightning-carolina-hurricanes/c-325105582

https://www.nhl.com/hurricanes/news/game-2-projected-lineup-tampa-bay-lightning-carolina-hurricanes/c-325117026

"Here is the projected lineup for the Hurricanes.

Forwards

McGinn-Aho-Teravainen
Martinook-Trocheck-Necas
Svechnikov-Staal-Foegele
Paquette-Lorentz-Fast

Defensemen

Slavin-Hamilton
Skjei-Pesce
Bean-Hakanpaa

Goalies

Nedeljkovic
Mrazek

Injury: Niederreiter (upper body)

Scratches: Bibeau, Gardiner, Geekie, Keane, Lajoie, McCormick, McKeown, Reimer, Ryan, Shore, Suzuki"

Looks like it's Ned's prove it game. No Nino obviously. Gotta get this one and take that momentum into Tampa. Hopefully they get the slush issue fixed too.

• Pie 2

46 minutes ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

Honestly don't mind Mcginn on the Aho line... he's been fire in the playoffs and had a heck of a post-season so far! I think Paquette brings an ellement we need tonight agaist his former team.

I am feeling like Paquette is going to bring tonight.....

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

Honestly don't mind Mcginn on the Aho line... he's been fire in the playoffs and had a heck of a post-season so far! I think Paquette brings an ellement we need tonight agaist his former team.

40 minutes ago, KatsAzz said:

I am feeling like Paquette is going to bring tonight.....

18 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

hopefully he brings the legal hits, I know Rod was miffed at his nut shot penalty last game.

Lets hope he paquettes a few goals tonight against the old homies! 

54c806b0e0622_-_lg_rider-de.png

• Pie 2

3 hours ago, Harbingers said:
This Canes group has been resilient all season, and now they have to dig deep and even up the series before it shifts to Tampa.

"Nothing has come easy for this group, ever. Nothing is ever handed to them. Everything they've gotten they've earned," head coach Rod Brind'Amour said. "We're in the playoffs. We're going to have to go earn every inch of ice we get and every goal. This group has always bounced back. I don't expect anything different."

Looks like it's Ned's prove it game.

Ned Raises Up.png