• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers sign former Ohio State WR C.J. Saunders; waive Tommy Stevens

"Saunders transitioned from cornerback to a wide receiver in college, which is the versatility Carolina loves in all their new recruits. The player did show some nice touches catching balls from Justin Fields at the quarterback’s pro day, which the Panthers’ brass was in full attendance for before eventually deciding to go with Jaycee Horn at No. 8 overall."

https://catcrave.com/2021/06/02/carolina-panthers-getting-c-j-saunders/

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, L-TownCat said:

I chose to pair my snail’s pace with a total lack of athleticism.

A combination so deadly, I found my self on the field every Friday night, but during halftime…

Back in high school I was short (that hasn't changed) but fast and pretty strong for my size (that has).

As to my hands...well, you know the old saying that there's a reason you play defense?  😕

• Beer 2

1 hour ago, PootieNunu said:

Yes there was. I even tried to tell them he was a JAG who was liekly to not even be on the team ,not the second coming of Taysom Hill, and got all kinds of grief for it. 

Keep trying, maybe someday someone will listen. 

• Pie 1

• While the Panthers waived quarterback/tight end/wideout Tommy Stevens on Tuesday to make room for former Ohio State WR C.J. Saunders, Rhule said some of the players who have been cut recently could end up back with the team at Wofford. He also indicated there will be more roster churn to come. “This is a time when we’re going to see as many people as possible.” Saunders worked with the returners during Wednesday’s special-teams period.

7 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

• While the Panthers waived quarterback/tight end/wideout Tommy Stevens on Tuesday to make room for former Ohio State WR C.J. Saunders, Rhule said some of the players who have been cut recently could end up back with the team at Wofford. He also indicated there will be more roster churn to come. “This is a time when we’re going to see as many people as possible.” Saunders worked with the returners during Wednesday’s special-teams period.

Sounds like Stevens may be back in time to be cut again during the Pre-Season games. How exciting!