• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

We will be in the Super Bowl next year

I think we're getting a bit ahead of ourselves by saying we're headed to a superbowl...the team is definitely better than the dumpster fire of last year, but to go all the way is a bit much IMO, especially with Tampa keeping all of their starters. They're the team to beat, for sure...if we can at least win once, I'd say we have a chance, but without at least one win against them then they'll wipe the floor with us in the playoffs

• Pie 2

51 minutes ago, PandaMan said:

If we win the Super Bowl this year I’ll get Rhule and Fitterer’s faces tattooed on my ass.  I would love it to be true, but we’re still a year or two away without a miracle run.  But that’s the thing, anything is possible in this sport.  Let me get those tattoos 

Somebody has to hold you to this. One face for each cheek. 

• Beer 3

1 hour ago, Compwiz said:

I think we're getting a bit ahead of ourselves by saying we're headed to a superbowl...the team is definitely better than the dumpster fire of last year, but to go all the way is a bit much IMO, especially with Tampa keeping all of their starters. They're the team to beat, for sure...if we can at least win once, I'd say we have a chance, but without at least one win against them then they'll wipe the floor with us in the playoffs

Did you feel the same in ‘02 or ‘14? Let him enjoy it, his glass of half full, he’s getting another…

we won’t mention the 6-10 empties, but the one in front of him is half full……..

• Pie 1

5 hours ago, Italianpantherfan said:

History repeats! The last time the Tampa bay Bucs won a Super Bowl we were in the Super Bowl the next season . Nfc south teams have a short history of following back to back super bowls , when we went to the Super Bowl the falcons went the next year , the trend has a chance to repeat its self . This off-season is hands down the best off-season I have seen as a panther fan we rebuilt our whole team and this draft we most likely hit every round getting the best player available . Key players like Tommy tremble , shi smith and chuba Hubbard are most likely all going to be late round stars , we didn’t draft for need we built that in free agency with key players like rashan Melvin ( no one is talking about so underrated) aj boye , Denzel perryman, Hassan reddick , Dan Arnold which has a chance to be our next Greg Olsen . All comes down to Sam darnold which easily could have been a first round draft pick this year because of his age it’s like a got a big time steal guy has all the tools coming from a terrible offense , could be the biggest steal . Adding these weapons to mccaffrey, dj Moore , Robby Anderson lsu beast terrace Marshall , David Moore which is so underrated . This will be the last year we have joe Brady , cheerish , what better way to get a head coach shot than winning a super bowl . I feel a magical year . 8 of those loses came late and by a td or less sounds familiar? 2014 vibes ? What happened the next year 2015 15-1 super bowl appearance what if I told you this team is better ? Really all comes down to daronold but I think we hit the lotto . I will be betting $100 on us winning the super bowl . Don’t be shocked if it’s a jags panthers or panthers patriots 

I would love to have some of that shiznit you're smoking, my friend.  

I'm very optimistic that Sam could be successful here but....Super Bowl?  

Way too optimistic even for me.   lol.

Edited by glenwo2
  • Beer 1

3 hours ago, FeelTheBurns53 said:

Not 100% sold on a superbowl win, but this team defintley has playoff potential 

Agreed.   

I mean if anyone tells me we're Playoff-bound, I can get behind THAT more than SuperBowl-bound. 

Let's see Sam get this team to the Playoffs first before thinking about loftier goals.

Sam has to show us that he's the one(finally) that the Panthers were looking for since Jake or Cam.

(would be awesome if the OP's scenario happened, though)

• Pie 2

2 minutes ago, glenwo2 said:

Agreed.   

I mean if anyone tells me we're Playoff-bound, I can get behind THAT more than SuperBowl-bound. 

Let's see Sam get this team to the Playoffs first before thinking about loftier goals.

Sam has to show us that he's the one(finally) that the Panthers were looking for since Jake or Cam.

This panther defense can be elite, I'm talking 2000 baltimore ravens elite.

Can sam darnold be the next trent dilfer? Not a high bar at all, but could be all we need to get us to the promise land.

• Pie 1

Just now, FeelTheBurns53 said:

This panther defense can be elite, I'm talking 2000 baltimore ravens elite.

Can sam darnold be the next trent dilfer? Not a high bar at all, but could be all we need to get us to the promise land.

Not for nothing but I think Sam is more talented than Trent but I see your point.

• Pie 1

8 minutes ago, glenwo2 said:

Not for nothing but I think Sam is more talented than Trent but I see your point.

Yeah I was kinda joking when I made that comparison. Dilfer was pretty atrocious, and sam is definitely more talented. I just think Sam will be at his best if he doesn't try to do too much, be a game manager, feed CmC and Hubbard, sustain drives to keep the defense fresh and just let our guys feast on opposing offenses. I think if we average a measly 22-25PPG, we'll be a playoff team. Not too much to ask for

Edited by FeelTheBurns53
  • Pie 1

2 minutes ago, FeelTheBurns53 said:

Yeah I was kinda joking when I made that comparison. Dilfer was pretty atrocious, and sam is definitely more talented. I just think Sam will be at his best if he doesn't try to do too much, be a game manager, feed CmC and Hubbard, sustain drives to keep the defense fresh and just let our guys feast on opposing offenses. I think if we average a measly 20PPG, we'll be a playoff team. Not too much to ask for

The thing is that some of the fans here don't want Sam to be a "game-manager".   They want him to be Upper-Echelon which I totally get as I see he has that High-Ceiling to be at that level (Top-15 QB) but man...I just want him to help this team win games no matter how he does it.

This guy was fed a crap sandwich for 3 straight seasons and it's about time he gets to eat actual Filet Mignon this time.

Edited by glenwo2
  • Pie 1

1 hour ago, glenwo2 said:

Agreed.   

Here's my take.

If we are playoff bound that means that most or all of our additions panned out.  Meaning our defense is solid and our offense is explosive.

17 weeks of playing together and gelling as a team.

If we make the playoffs we are just as capable of winning every game that we play.  So IMO if you say we are playoff bound than you can also say that we could win the super bowl.

We've won on the road before and this young talented team do it again. (I know different regimes)

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Here's my take.

If we are playoff bound that means that most or all of our additions panned out.  Meaning our defense is solid and our offense is explosive.

17 weeks of playing together and gelling as a team.

If we make the playoffs we are just as capable of winning every game that we play.  So IMO if you say we are playoff bound than you can also say that we could win the super bowl.

We've won on the road before and this young talented team do it again. (I know different regimes)

That's fair.

I guess it's true that if we're good enough to get to the "tournament", we're good enough to have a shot at getting to the big dance.