• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Snow's future with Carolina

16 minutes ago, Daddy_Uncle said:

Can't see Snow getting much attention for HC. He's pretty old and his track record doesn't jump off the page. Brady is young, exciting and nationally recognized

I agree that his age might have some teams shying away but defenses win championships.  If his innovative defense shows up and we beat the likes of TB and other high powered offenses.  There are going to be some teams interested.

I don't have any facts to back it but, it seems to me.  He's happen as a DC and may not be interested in a HC job.

Tepper might have to shell out some more money to keep him but if his defense is good.  It would be worth the investment. 

I am going to wait until he actually develops a good defense before worrying about him leaving. And if this defense is good I am not sure how much credit he gets. With all the high draft picks he has to work with if we aren't good he might have to worry about being retained if he weren't so tight with Rhule.

• Pie 6
  • Flames 1

2 hours ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Many of us believe that if Brady has a stellar season he'll be a head coach in 2022.

What if Snow's defense turns out to be top 10 and he gets offers.

Snow IMO is happy as a DC and may not be interested in a head coaching job.  (Ie. Jimmy Johnson/Dick Lebeau)

Thoughts?

Honestly, Snow coached a really non-aggressive defense last year that cost us game after game after game. I know, "he was working with what he had" and all that, but most of the time they looked like a bunch of old ladies out there that didn't want to get their uniforms dirty.

Let's actually see some defense before we start talking about how good he is. I mean, how about we make the other teams punt at least once a game? As sad as that benchmark would be, that would be an improvement over last year.

• Beer 3

27 minutes ago, CanePantherHornet said:

For all the hoopla around Joe Brady, Phil Snow ended up doing more with less last year.

I’d give you double pie, if I could.  I had my reservations about Snow at start of season but he started adapting his schemes, actually making half time adjustments, making pretty good chicken soup out of chicken crap and feathers.  As you said, he did more with less than Brady did.

Even after the 2020 all D draft it was widely predicted that the Panthers D would be 31st at best. They did considerably better than that. They were getting better as the year went on so yeah I think he did a better job than expected. Having said that, no, I don't think there is any risk in him leaving.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

28 minutes ago, bythenbrs said:

I’d give you double pie, if I could.  I had my reservations about Snow at start of season but he started adapting his schemes, actually making half time adjustments, making pretty good chicken soup out of chicken crap and feathers.  As you said, he did more with less than Brady did.

I don't want to criticize how anyone was raised, but that isn't how you make chicken soup.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

2 hours ago, CanePantherHornet said:

For all the hoopla around Joe Brady, Phil Snow ended up doing more with less last year.

I love that he's an old school, no BS kind of guy. I saw this video of him mic'd up at the Senior bowl a while back, and had to post it here. Best quote in a while "This is a man's game, play it like one".

https://www.panthers.com/video/phil-snow-mic-d-up-at-the-senior-bowl

• Pie 1