• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

PFF says the Panthers have the 20th(!! LOL) ranked WR corp in the NFL this year

joemac

2 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

It's amazing how a QB can impact a wr in both a positive (yards) and negative (TDs) way as Teddy managed to do.  You would have to practice that to be able to pull it off.

A QB who doesn't throw TD passes (Teddy) had receivers who happen to not catch alot of TD passes.

11 minutes ago, Wes21 said:

A QB who doesn't throw TD passes (Teddy) had receivers who happen to not catch alot of TD passes.

Teams that lose a lot often have inflated and empty yards.  Like when Carolina trailed late in games and defenses would flat out give Teddy throws.  Which he took. 

Quarter by quarter breakdown, he got the most yardage in the 4th q.  And that was all he was getting.  4th q was also Robby’s best quarter for yardage too.  

Secondly that article explicitly says:

Even with the loss of Samuel, the Panthers have the pieces to be one of the better receiving units in the NFL once again.

Yet ranks them 20th out of 32. 

Pay this list no mind, the author doesn't even know how to count.

21 hours ago, CRA said:

As I said, I’d have the duo top half.   But there are a lot of solid duos that have better overall stats which factors when it comes to doing a ranking. 

I’m super high on Moore.   I think he is a lot better than his stats suggest.  QB play has prevented his ceiling from showing because he hasn’t had the QB play since drafted to take advantage of him. 

if he has the opportunity, I think he can have 89 level impact.   I don’t think we put him in enough positions to show off his YAC ability.  My personal opinion is that it is the best in the division. 

Stats aside, I think there is a pretty decent gap between DJ and Robbie overall though. 

I can’t give a firm number on Moore.   If there was a fantasy draft and I was building a team today? There aren’t 10 I’d take over Moore.  

So super high on Moore, in the top 10. Robbie at the start of 2020 was the hottest WR in league for weekS) and many on this board were saying "Robbie is the panthers true #1". He spent most of his career flirting with 1k each year. Moore and Anderson both have had AWFUL QBs(hmmm...) help during their career and still put up solid/among league leader stats. Panthers drafted Marshall, whom many had a 1st grade on. Smith was a steal late. David Moore has been a #3 and had average #3 stats on a team that focused 90% targets on the top 2 WRs. 

Again Moore is only WR with 1200 scrimmage yards the last two years and you are claiming him as a top 10 overall. That whole package is not better than 20th??? Talent wise with this dis-respect, panthers WR group need to release a 90s diss track.

I will state league wide it feels like this is the best era of WRs and the TDs numbers are pathetic. Not enough bad for this group to be 20th tho.. 

Where would you rank panthers RB group since we are at this point, again firm number is wanted... And where do you rank this group compared to past panther WR groups? I will fully understand the difficultly in comparing past groups, honestly impossible but this is a fan board.  

3 hours ago, Basbear said:

So super high on Moore, in the top 10. Robbie at the start of 2020 was the hottest WR in league for weekS) and many on this board were saying "Robbie is the panthers true #1". He spent most of his career flirting with 1k each year. Moore and Anderson both have had AWFUL QBs(hmmm...) help during their career and still put up solid/among league leader stats. Panthers drafted Marshall, whom many had a 1st grade on. Smith was a steal late. David Moore has been a #3 and had average #3 stats on a team that focused 90% targets on the top 2 WRs. 

Again Moore is only WR with 1200 scrimmage yards the last two years and you are claiming him as a top 10 overall. That whole package is not better than 20th??? Talent wise with this dis-respect, panthers WR group need to release a 90s diss track.

I will state league wide it feels like this is the best era of WRs and the TDs numbers are pathetic. Not enough bad for this group to be 20th tho.. 

Where would you rank panthers RB group since we are at this point, again firm number is wanted... And where do you rank this group compared to past panther WR groups? I will fully understand the difficultly in comparing past groups, honestly impossible but this is a fan board.  

Well, just name the number of teams and which ones in PFF’s list you think the Panthers should leapfrog then if it is that bad….

Again, I don’t have firm positions.  Using PFF criteria of including TEs….I definitely wouldn’t rank the current receiving group over…..A couple of the 89/Moose squads would rank ahead of this group.  That are rounded out with folks like Prohel.   I’d rank a couple of the Smith/Olsen ones ahead too.  

29 minutes ago, CRA said:

Well, just name the number of teams and which ones in PFF’s list you think the Panthers should leapfrog then if it is that bad….

Again, I don’t have firm positions.  Using PFF criteria of including TEs….I definitely wouldn’t rank the current receiving group over…..A couple of the 89/Moose squads would rank ahead of this group.  That are rounded out with folks like Prohel.   I’d rank a couple of the Smith/Olsen ones ahead too.  

phins, giants(ehhh...), steelers, Seahawks, Chargers,  packers and for sure washington

Its close group-

Dallas- cooper is living off the past, lamb is legit and my fav WR in that rookie class, Gallup hurt himself last year. No TEs like panthers, honestly Id take panthers over them but its close

Bills- Diggs and ??? beasley and no TE and old man sanders.. pfftt

Viking-like the panthers its strong two and even rookies and ???? at TE

Broncos- Sutton lost was a big, he was my fav fantasy sleeper. They have depth and talent

Browns(without OBJ)-got better without their best WR. Never been a landry fan, but hes got the stats. Unlike most they have plenty of TEs. Higgins was a late season stat machine

49ers- Kittle saves this group and Deebo is a god dam beast larping as a WR. Got young talent too, but not that much different form panthers

Beaguals- big 3 and nothing else. If not for Chase being in the pre-season HOF Id place panthers above, but they are close as well

Bucs, Chiefs,Rams clear ahead

Blowboys at 2 is a fuging joke as is PFF. I maybe able to put the giants anywhere form 4- 22. They are the wildcard. 

Where do you put the panthers RB group, or should I look for it on PFF??

Edited by Basbear