• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

PFF says the Panthers have the 20th(!! LOL) ranked WR corp in the NFL this year

joemac

14 minutes ago, glenwo2 said:

PFF voted 20th because of Sam and they think he sucks and will always suck.

That's it.

They're  a lot like the trolls here who bitched about Justin Fields not being drafted.  

We didn't have many receiving touchdowns last year and we lack a tight end. We were also very poor in the red zone. 

Those have to factor in. 

Hopefully this year is better in those areas. 

• Pie 1

I don't necessarily disagree with us being in the lower half of the league without Samuels.

Moore is excellent, but I don't really think that much of Robby. Everyone else is a wildcard at this point no matter how excited we are about them as fans. Marshall has to be the answer to our dismal redzone receiving issues, because what we had last year wasn't it, QB or not. We were probably better off fielding a 6th OL than a TE most downs as well.

I don't know that we're 20th out of 32, but it certainly isn't that surprising.

1 hour ago, Call Me James said:

We didn't have many receiving touchdowns last year and we lack a tight end. We were also very poor in the red zone. 

Those have to factor in. 

Hopefully this year is better in those areas. 

It's amazing how a QB can impact a wr in both a positive (yards) and negative (TDs) way as Teddy managed to do.  You would have to practice that to be able to pull it off.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

43 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Where would you rank the duo of Moore and ANderson?

Well, that ranking isn’t a list of duos.  It is ranking of receiving units.  Which factors in your #3, TE, etc.   

If it were a duo WR ranking we would climb up.   I’d have to think about that list overall though.  Present day I think we would be 3rd in our own division to the outside world though.  Which is what we are on that list too.    So we still aren’t going to be super high.  Top half though of the league.

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, CRA said:

Well, that ranking isn’t a list of duos.  It is ranking of receiving units.  Which factors in your #3, TE, etc.   

If it were a duo WR ranking we would climb up.   I’d have to think about that list overall though.  Present day I think we would be 3rd in our own division to the outside world though.  Which is what we are on that list too.    So we still aren’t going to be super high.  Top half though of the league.

Top 16 duo? I know its not the pfffft statement, Im just trying to gauge your feeling on Moore and ANderson. NFC is WR murders row.....which is a big reason for me being "ok" with horn pick. 

Still I think Moore and Anderson alone should push that rating higher. I believe Moore is the only WR with 1200 scrimmage yards in the last two years. TDs are very low for both. ANderson is a 1k and long yard machine. For the first 5 weeks ANderson was either leading the league or very close in most stats. 

Where do you rank Moore overall?, please give a firm number.

1 hour ago, Basbear said:

Top 16 duo? I know its not the pfffft statement, Im just trying to gauge your feeling on Moore and ANderson. NFC is WR murders row.....which is a big reason for me being "ok" with horn pick. 

Still I think Moore and Anderson alone should push that rating higher. I believe Moore is the only WR with 1200 scrimmage yards in the last two years. TDs are very low for both. ANderson is a 1k and long yard machine. For the first 5 weeks ANderson was either leading the league or very close in most stats. 

Where do you rank Moore overall?, please give a firm number.

As I said, I’d have the duo top half.   But there are a lot of solid duos that have better overall stats which factors when it comes to doing a ranking. 

I’m super high on Moore.   I think he is a lot better than his stats suggest.  QB play has prevented his ceiling from showing because he hasn’t had the QB play since drafted to take advantage of him. 

if he has the opportunity, I think he can have 89 level impact.   I don’t think we put him in enough positions to show off his YAC ability.  My personal opinion is that it is the best in the division. 

Stats aside, I think there is a pretty decent gap between DJ and Robbie overall though. 

I can’t give a firm number on Moore.   If there was a fantasy draft and I was building a team today? There aren’t 10 I’d take over Moore.  

im not as high on our WR as everybody else in here

DJ can be really good but disappears a lot...Anderson is like a Ted Ginn with hands...but not a 12 catch a game type...and we have had NO TE or RB production for a whule

hopefully the rookie can give us something...& Arnold at TE needs to be big time

having CMC back will help tremendously...with him we are definitely better

the rest still needs to prove it