• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

PFF says the Panthers have the 20th(!! LOL) ranked WR corp in the NFL this year

joemac

27 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Where do you put the panthers RB group, or should I look for it on PFF??

Why do you care where the RB group as a whole ranks? 

expand it out and it just brings CMC down.  CMC is the best all around RB in the NFL.   We have CMC, JAGs and a rookie.   Lot of teams have a better cast behind their #1 RB.  But they have weaker #1s. 

36 minutes ago, Basbear said:

phins, giants(ehhh...), steelers, Seahawks, Chargers,  packers and for sure washington

I’d probably throw Carolina ahead of Washington too.  But that alone wouldn’t make the list crazy.  

PFF is largely stat driven. I’m not going to argue every team but let’s take the GB cast….since it made your list of teams we should easily be ahead of. 

Look at what rhey are projected to have this year and look at there stats last year vs our guys and we are projected to have.  I mean it isn’t even close to comparable.   Yes, they had Rodgers and we had Teddy.  But others aren’t going to over factor in that stuff in these rankings.  Especially when our guys are just now having career years and don’t have a proven higher ceiling.  Fair or not.  Every team has excuses and excitement about guys that are rookies or have never done something yet….

I mean no one outside of Carolina is going to act like the Carolina TE group is a push with the GB cast that posted 16 TDs from the TE spot last year.  Tonyan can play.  

They have arguable the best WR in the game too. Adam’s is a bad dude.   He accounted for 18 TDs last year.  That’s  him accounting for more TDs than our entire offense last year.   That ain’t all Aaron Rodgers.  

31 minutes ago, CRA said:

Why do you care where the RB group as a whole ranks? 

expand it out and it just brings CMC down.  CMC is the best all around RB in the NFL.   We have CMC, JAGs and a rookie.   Lot of teams have a better cast behind their #1 RB.  But they have weaker #1s. 

On that subject, if you are a fantasy football nerd I would draft CMC first overall.  He's about to have a career year running behind Tommy "hit your so hard your mama" Tremble.  I can't wait to see how many TDs he gets.  It's about to be lit up in here.

Poor Sam may only have to throw 20 passes all game and 5 will be to CMC who will take it to the house.

Hell we will be sitting starters after the half because we are up be 7 touchdowns.

47 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

On that subject, if you are a fantasy football nerd I would draft CMC first overall.  He's about to have a career year running behind Tommy "hit your so hard your mama" Tremble.  I can't wait to see how many TDs he gets.  It's about to be lit up in here.

Poor Sam may only have to throw 20 passes all game and 5 will be to CMC who will take it to the house.

Hell we will be sitting starters after the half because we are up be 7 touchdowns.

Dude, really? I mean really??? Sounds good!!!

• Beer 1

On 6/2/2021 at 11:10 AM, joemac said:

Holy Hell...PFF says we have the 20th ranked WR corp in the NFL this year.  This is just absolutely absurd.  I dont know why they poo on the Panthers so much with all of their rankings, but I think this one takes the cake.  Im not saying we're number 1 or anything, but we damn sure are much, much better than 20th.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-ranking-all-nfl-receiving-corps-ahead-of-the-2021-season

The Panthers had a losing record last year. They watch and review pretty much every snap of every game. I'm not sure that they poo on the Panthers so much as the Panthers poo themselves in games.

We are not a team that anyone fears at the moment.  We've had 3 losing seasons and writers don't give a crap about what we are building.  We lost Samuel but added three capable WRs in Moore, Smith and Marshall. 

These guys don't have the time to actually see what we have.  Ranking us 20 has more to do with us not being Dallas, Green Bay or any of the more notable teams.

I take their take with a grain of salt. 

19 hours ago, CRA said:

I’d probably throw Carolina ahead of Washington too.  But that alone wouldn’t make the list crazy.  

PFF is largely stat driven. I’m not going to argue every team but let’s take the GB cast….since it made your list of teams we should easily be ahead of. 

Look at what rhey are projected to have this year and look at there stats last year vs our guys and we are projected to have.  I mean it isn’t even close to comparable.   Yes, they had Rodgers and we had Teddy.  But others aren’t going to over factor in that stuff in these rankings.  Especially when our guys are just now having career years and don’t have a proven higher ceiling.  Fair or not.  Every team has excuses and excitement about guys that are rookies or have never done something yet….

I mean no one outside of Carolina is going to act like the Carolina TE group is a push with the GB cast that posted 16 TDs from the TE spot last year.  Tonyan can play.  

They have arguable the best WR in the game too. Adam’s is a bad dude.   He accounted for 18 TDs last year.  That’s  him accounting for more TDs than our entire offense last year.   That ain’t all Aaron Rodgers.  

Answer this CRA- If PFF is largely stat driven, why were the panthers ranked 8th last year??

If you want to continue, all that was lost was pre-2020 Samuel. Added was David Moore, Marshall JR, and Shi Smith. Youre telling me pre-"breakout" Samuel is worth 12 spots??? Please get a MRI if you believe that and I was the biggest Samuel fan here.

Green Bay you say? At least you covered yourself with Rodgers, how would the panthers WRs and TEs look with Arod?? 5k and 45 TDs could be reached. Plus you do know I think 8 of his 40 TDs were 1 yarders, just putting that here. Adams is elite and maybe the best WR in NFL, should be in everyone top 3 and 100% in everyones top 5. He carrys that group, MUCH like Moore carries the Panthers group. Say Adams is a 10, Moore is right there at a 9. 

Now Panthers #2-6 WRs >>>>>>> Packers #2-6 WRs. Not close at all. Ill be glad to give notes on each if asked, Arod makes #6s put up 2-3 numbers.  Packers Tonyan, honestly I dont know him like the others, did put good TDs numbers. Give it to the packers here, but panthers added Arnold and Tremlbe so much like Adams > Moore, its close.....but the winning spot for Carolina is #2-6. Anderson and Marshall have much more talent&skill than Lazard and Ted Ginn ....er I a mean Valdes-Scantling.

8 to 20th cause they lost pre-breakout Samuel and they added Marshall, Moore, and Smith. Bigger joke than Blowboys being 2nd overall, my god PFF has the dumpster water opinions at times. Dont drink the water my guy!!

Edited by Basbear

5 hours ago, Basbear said:

Answer this CRA- If PFF is largely stat driven, why were the panthers ranked 8th last year??

If you want to continue, all that was lost was pre-2020 Samuel. Added was David Moore, Marshall JR, and Shi Smith. Youre telling me pre-"breakout" Samuel is worth 12 spots??? Please get a MRI if you believe that and I was the biggest Samuel fan here.

Green Bay you say? At least you covered yourself with Rodgers, how would the panthers WRs and TEs look with Arod?? 5k and 45 TDs could be reached. Plus you do know I think 8 of his 40 TDs were 1 yarders, just putting that here. Adams is elite and maybe the best WR in NFL, should be in everyone top 3 and 100% in everyones top 5. He carrys that group, MUCH like Moore carries the Panthers group. Say Adams is a 10, Moore is right there at a 9. 

Now Panthers #2-6 WRs >>>>>>> Packers #2-6 WRs. Not close at all. Ill be glad to give notes on each if asked, Arod makes #6s put up 2-3 numbers.  Packers Tonyan, honestly I dont know him like the others, did put good TDs numbers. Give it to the packers here, but panthers added Arnold and Tremlbe so much like Adams > Moore, its close.....but the winning spot for Carolina is #2-6. Anderson and Marshall have much more talent&skill than Lazard and Ted Ginn ....er I a mean Valdes-Scantling.

8 to 20th cause they lost pre-breakout Samuel and they added Marshall, Moore, and Smith. Bigger joke than Blowboys being 2nd overall, my god PFF has the dumpster water opinions at times. Dont drink the water my guy!!

Well we could of stayed the exact same in how they viewed us….and still dropped if other teams were simply viewed as better. 

and if they are largely stat driven…

we had a young and dynamic player at the #3 WR spot that had logged 7 TDs heading into that season as well.    He found the end zone at a good rate per touch. 

Robbie Anderson was finding the endzone at a higher rate per touch heading into last season as well.   He had more TDs on almost half the receptions. 

GB’s production by their receiving options (WR/TE) group was comically better.    Not even in the same ballpark.   They are going to rank the groups by what they did.  QB may factor but they aren’t going to just pretend a massive gap like that doesn’t matter because of the QB difference.  

hard to play the disrespect card when we drafted 8th and our guys barely found the end zone.   Teddy or not.    Even with Teddy….we didn’t find the endzone enough last year. 

• Beer 1

18 hours ago, CRA said:

Well we could of stayed the exact same in how they viewed us….and still dropped if other teams were simply viewed as better. 

and if they are largely stat driven…

we had a young and dynamic player at the #3 WR spot that had logged 7 TDs heading into that season as well.    He found the end zone at a good rate per touch. 

Robbie Anderson was finding the endzone at a higher rate per touch heading into last season as well.   He had more TDs on almost half the receptions. 

GB’s production by their receiving options (WR/TE) group was comically better.    Not even in the same ballpark.   They are going to rank the groups by what they did.  QB may factor but they aren’t going to just pretend a massive gap like that doesn’t matter because of the QB difference.  

hard to play the disrespect card when we drafted 8th and our guys barely found the end zone.   Teddy or not.    Even with Teddy….we didn’t find the endzone enough last year. 

Only way those ranking work if your include QB. Otherwise its a dumpster water take to believe Pre-2020 Curtis Samuel is worth 12 freaking spots.  PFF has lots of predicting and projecting in those ranking, so again its up to you and that stat statement as their guide. David Moore, Marshall Jr, and Smith are better than 2020's 3-6, PFFFffff should moved panthers into the top 5 ranking. Plus Dallas at 2nd over all...... I try all I could, drink up and be merry my guy. Drink up that pre-season 2020 8th overall panther ranking as well.

Lastly Id have them in 10th-ish rank and Id say they have improved the talent even with the lost of HOFer Curtis "Im worth 12 WR ranking spots before my "breakout 851 yards 3 TD" season" Samuel. Now I need a MRI....

26 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Only way those ranking work if your include QB. Otherwise its a dumpster water take to believe Pre-2020 Curtis Samuel is worth 12 freaking spots.  PFF has lots of predicting and projecting in those ranking, so again its up to you and that stat statement as their guide. David Moore, Marshall Jr, and Smith are better than 2020's 3-6, PFFFffff should moved panthers into the top 5 ranking. Plus Dallas at 2nd over all...... I try all I could, drink up and be merry my guy. Drink up that pre-season 2020 8th overall panther ranking as well.

Lastly Id have them in 10th-ish rank and Id say they have improved the talent even with the lost of HOFer Curtis "Im worth 12 WR ranking spots before my "breakout 851 yards 3 TD" season" Samuel. Now I need a MRI....

I think you are placing way too much emphasis on a ranking from a prior year .  That isn’t where the discussion starts IMO. 

Literally 2 teams had less receiving TDs than the Panthers in 2020.   2 teams had guys see the endzone less than Carolina. 

Packers lead the NFL in receiving TDs.  48 to 16.  No one is going to rank us ahead of them.  That isn’t disrespect. 

yeah, we had Teddy.   And other teams had bad QBs too, and worse OCs…like the Bears, Jags, etc….and they got into the endzone more than our guys too. 

I got plenty of belief that we can turn that perspective around this year….but we earned our general location on that list going in to this year.