• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

OTA Coverage

Mr. Scot

11 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Unfortunately, Marshall was basically drafted to be his replacement. He's not getting an extension right now. Marshall will have to bust or prove to still be injury prone for that to potentially be in the cards. He can basically either show up and play or try to force his way out

I agree it isn't happening.  But it's probably why they tried to deal him and he isn't showing up to OTAs. 

Not really trying to bash Robbie.  I think it probably is the smart angle if you are him.  And I'd probably skip OTAs if on a one year deal and a vet.  Take a season ending injury in voluntary work? NFL/Panthers aren't going to care.  That's it.   One year deal isn't a great spot for players.  Nor is a year where you earn your next contract...where you know the cards are working more against you than the last. 

Just now, CRA said:

I agree it isn't happening.  But it's probably why they tried to deal him and he isn't showing up to OTAs. 

Not really trying to bash Robbie.  I think it probably is the smart angle if you are him.  And I'd probably skip OTAs if on a one year deal and a vet.  Take an season ending injury in voluntary work? NFL/Panthers aren't going to care.  That's it.   One year deal isn't a great spot for players.  Nor is a year where you earn your next contract...where you know the cards are working more against you than the last. 

Agreed. I don't blame Robbie and I don't blame the Panthers. It's just an awkward situation. The Panthers are gonna pay DJ. They want someone on a cheap rookie deal opposite him. Robbie obviously wants long-term security.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

The "he's disgruntled" narrative is pretty much just fan speculation.

it isn't fan speculation that he is on a one year deal going into this season.    

and per the tweet you shared (via another WR), it is viewed as important in Carolina for everyone to be at OTAs this year.  Only guy who isn't there? Robbie. The dude coming off his best season of his career.....and still on a one year deal headed in.  I mean, the contract dispute is speculation.  But that is pretty reasonable speculation at this point.  As Rhule noted today, business reasons also cause people not to show.   Robbie checks a lot of boxes right with all things factored. 

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

What do you think he means by "he's getting better?" 

Was RA sick? Frustrated? Hurt?

I just took it as DJ trying to make Robbie look as good as he could.  Suggesting he is still working hard despite not being there.   

2 minutes ago, CRA said:

it isn't fan speculation that he is on a one year deal going into this season.    

and per the tweet you shared (via another WR), it is viewed as important in Carolina for everyone to be at OTAs this year.  Only guy who isn't there? Robbie. The dude coming off his best season of his career.....and still on a one year deal headed in.  I mean, the contract dispute is speculation.  But that is pretty reasonable speculation at this point.  As Rhule noted today, business reasons also cause people not to show.   Robbie checks a lot of boxes right with all things factored.

DaQuan Jones wasn't there today either.

And it's still all speculation.

There are IG stories of him working out at a gym this morning, he's either working on something specific/rehabbing something or his agent told him to stay home. It'd be strange for the Panthers to give him his own segment in that Confidential if there was anything major going on

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1