• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

OTA Coverage

Mr. Scot

17 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

DaQuan Jones wasn't there today either.

And it's still all speculation.

DaQuan isn't skipping OTAs though.  He just isn't there today.   Only dude skipping OTAs at this point is Robbie. 

it's reasonable speculation.  

35 minutes ago, CRA said:

I agree it isn't happening.  But it's probably why they tried to deal him and he isn't showing up to OTAs. 

Not really trying to bash Robbie.  I think it probably is the smart angle if you are him.  And I'd probably skip OTAs if on a one year deal and a vet.  Take a season ending injury in voluntary work? NFL/Panthers aren't going to care.  That's it.   One year deal isn't a great spot for players.  Nor is a year where you earn your next contract...where you know the cards are working more against you than the last. 

I’m with you on that, I don’t blame him for not showing up to voluntary OTA’s if money is the reason.  I get we’re trying to “build a culture” and whatnot, but this is these guy’s lives.  He’s a better WR than his career earnings indicate and being a UDFA, he really got the short end of the stick monetarily.  Get your money skinny man.

The “you signed a contract so you should stick to it” double standard mantra sucks for players because teams will cut you in a second.  I don’t like that he isn’t there, but I’m just a fan and I understand where he’s coming from.  

• Beer 1

6 minutes ago, PandaMan said:

The “you signed a contract so you should stick to it” double standard mantra sucks for players because teams will cut you in a second.  I don’t like that he isn’t there, but I’m just a fan and I understand where he’s coming from.  

This. Panthers fans just don't have a great feel for that reality because under JR/Hurney we continually made bad decisions hanging onto vets for too long or restructuring guys who should be getting cut. By and large the NFL is as cut throat as it gets.

Robby just has no leverage. Marshall was drafted to be his replacement. The entire league knows they can sign him as a FA after this season for no trade compensation. The Panthers know they have a decent comp pick likely coming to them, so they're in no mood to deal him for scraps.

Unless Robby is willing to hold out to force their hand, he pretty much has zero leverage.

35 minutes ago, jayflip said:

He’s holding out of OTAs in solidarity with Linville Gorge against the Darnold trade, haven’t ya heard?

I've said it repeatedly, I hope Darnold proves me wrong and is a smashing success. I'm just not going to engage in mental gymnastics to try to convince myself that Darnold is an All-Pro QB who only looked like trash because he was on the Jets. That's not how these things usually end up working out. We're betting against long odds here hoping to hit the jackpot.

Just watched about half of Rhule's 12ish minute interview the Panthers posted on FB.

One thing that stuck out to me is that Christensen's name wasn't mentioned at all in the LT conversation. Sure sounds like that spot is Cam Erving's to lose and that Christensen is likely seen as an OG.

• Beer 1

19 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Just watched about half of Rhule's 12ish minute interview the Panthers posted on FB.

One thing that stuck out to me is that Christensen's name wasn't mentioned at all in the LT conversation. Sure sounds like that spot is Cam Erving's to lose and that Christensen is likely seen as an OG.

Dont count out Daley, hes my surprise pick for LT....and if no luck there LG is a nice landing spot.