• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Matt Stafford and Sean Ryan

Zod

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

Well to be fair, Ken Dorsey looks like he's doing a damn good job with Josh Allen.

Maybe if Rivera had supported him actually coaching instead of just being a buddy...

Yeah that was an odd arrangement to say the least.  Never understood what his job was other than to translate for Cam...or Shula and Ron.

But truthfully they haven't had a real QB coach since...well since I can remember at least.

• Beer 1

53 minutes ago, Sgt Schultz said:

What are you talking about???  We once had Mike Shu........never mind.

I'm gonna agree with Basbear that Shula was actually good as a quarterback coach. He just wasn't suited to be an OC.

Ron's talent evaluation skills weren't any better for coaches than they were for players.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

29 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Well to be fair, Ken Dorsey looks like he's doing a damn good job with Josh Allen.

Maybe if Rivera had supported him actually coaching instead of just being a buddy...

Dorsey wasn't a problem here his hire was just more of an overall pattern with the previous regime. But in fairness to Ken I don't blame him or the qb. The hits took a toll on Newton's health and in the end it would not have mattered who the quarterback coach was.

3 hours ago, Zod said:

Sean Ryan was hired in January as QB coach. In recent years he coached Deshaun Watson and Matt Stafford. Could be a big reason why Darnold improves (if he improves). 

720_2786.jpg

Wait, so, that is not Sam's father in the picture? 

1 hour ago, frankw said:

Dorsey wasn't a problem here his hire was just more of an overall pattern with the previous regime. But in fairness to Ken I don't blame him or the qb. The hits took a toll on Newton's health and in the end it would not have mattered who the quarterback coach was.

The bigger problem we're referring to is that Rivera was basically kind of a chicken sh-t when it came to coaching Newton.

Ron treated Can like he was too fragile to take hard coaching.

• Pie 2