• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Brian Burns and Christian Miller

Zod

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

Does Miller look to be practicing with the defensive line or the outside linebackers?

From the picture I'm guessing defensive line, but I thought I'd ask.

Yep, DL for sure. 

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

Looking over the roster, part of me wonders if Miller makes it this year.

Kind of feel like either he or Marquis Haynes will stick, but I'm not sure both will.

Sounds right. Good problem to have. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

6 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Miller looks small, relatively speaking of course.

Official roster lists him at 245, Burns at 250 (those numbers are very fudgible of course).

I remember Rhule mentioning in one of his post OTA answers that the team has encouraged Burns to gain weight, but they also don't want to compromise his athleticism.

There’s a poster on here who knows Miller’s family and said he was working out and honing his craft while he was out last year.  Not surprising he showed up in great shape.  He seems like a good guy, injuries are my main concern with him.  He can contribute if he can stay healthy.  Depth is a beautiful thing.

But Burns is gonna put the league on notice this year.  Dude is about to explode

• Pie 2

38 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Official roster lists him at 245, Burns at 250 (those numbers are very fudgible of course).

I remember Rhule mentioning in one of his post OTA answers that the team has encouraged Burns to gain weight, but they also don't want to compromise his athleticism.

They are both way too small.

I'd rather have Chase Young and Myles Garrett.

• Poo 4

45 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Looking over the roster, part of me wonders if Miller makes it this year.

Kind of feel like either he or Marquis Haynes will stick, but I'm not sure both will.

This reminds me of the question of why doesn't the NFL increase roster sizes?  They add on an extra game to the regular season, something I feel like fans weren't really asking for, but an increase in the amount of players you can have on the active roster is something that would be great for a couple of reasons.  One, it would keep players healthy knowing you got guys to rotate, and two, you will have more surprise and breakout players taking advantage of opportunity. (Making the NFL more exciting to watch)  Yet I guess the NFL doesn't want to do that because it means more players they would have to pay.  Less money going into the owner's (middle-unnecessary men) pockets.

• Beer 3

1 minute ago, Catsfan69 said:

They are both way too small.

I'd rather have Chase Young and Myles Garrett.

I mean, I think most people would.  A stud #1 overall pick DE and a #2 pick who’s already a force and leader for his team.  Doesn’t take away from how good Burns is and Miller’s growth.  Burns’ arms look a bit bigger this year but it could just be me