• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Brian Burns and Christian Miller

Zod

20 minutes ago, Matthias said:

This reminds me of the question of why doesn't the NFL increase roster sizes?  They add on an extra game to the regular season, something I feel like fans weren't really asking for, but an increase in the amount of players you can have on the active roster is something that would be great for a couple of reasons.  One, it would keep players healthy knowing you got guys to rotate, and two, you will have more surprise and breakout players taking advantage of opportunity. (Making the NFL more exciting to watch)  Yet I guess the NFL doesn't want to do that because it means more players they would have to pay.  Less money going into the owner's (middle-unnecessary men) pockets.

Yep. The NFL wants to keep more of the pie, so roster size increases won't happen.

• Pie 1

22 minutes ago, PandaMan said:

I mean, I think most people would.  A stud #1 overall pick DE and a #2 pick who’s already a force and leader for his team.  Doesn’t take away from how good Burns is and Miller’s growth.  Burns’ arms look a bit bigger this year but it could just be me 

Burns said he was bigger this season in the presser. He didn't specify but yeah, I'd say he was closer to 260 now. 

Just now, Panthers Rhule said:

Burns said he was bigger this season in the presser. He didn't specify but yeah, I'd say he was closer to 260 now. 

I woudlnt go that far... he is too lean to be in the 260 range, most likely 240. To give you perspective Lebron James is 250. Brian Burns would have to be pretty hefty to be at 260. 

8 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

I woudlnt go that far... he is too lean to be in the 260 range, most likely 240. To give you perspective Lebron James is 250. Brian Burns would have to be pretty hefty to be at 260. 

260 would only be gaining 11 pounds from his Combine weight. Lebron's weight hasn't been updated since his rookie season. He's considerably north of 250.

26 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

Dude, he's listed at 250 before. He said he was bigger. He looked closer to 260 to me but perhaps he's 255 but he definitely isn't 240 as he's not smaller than last season. 

29 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

260 would only be gaining 11 pounds from his Combine weight. Lebron's weight hasn't been updated since his rookie season. He's considerably north of 250.

13 minutes ago, Panthers Rhule said:

Dude, he's listed at 250 before. He said he was bigger. He looked closer to 260 to me but perhaps he's 255 but he definitely isn't 240 as he's not smaller than last season. 

Miles Garret is 270.... there is no way BB is only ten pounds less than MG.  However, its all just an eye test at this point. So we can bookmark this convo until he reveals his weight, haha. In the pictures he looks lean but wide. So its possible he is marching up to 260. Only he and the staff knows though, haha. 

Edited by TheCasillas

2 hours ago, Matthias said:

This reminds me of the question of why doesn't the NFL increase roster sizes?  They add on an extra game to the regular season, something I feel like fans weren't really asking for, but an increase in the amount of players you can have on the active roster is something that would be great for a couple of reasons.  One, it would keep players healthy knowing you got guys to rotate, and two, you will have more surprise and breakout players taking advantage of opportunity. (Making the NFL more exciting to watch)  Yet I guess the NFL doesn't want to do that because it means more players they would have to pay.  Less money going into the owner's (middle-unnecessary men) pockets.

I think....rethink....there are rumors out there now that the league is keeping NO limit IR returns along with 16 man Practice squads.

found the source -  https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1400166466154991617

If you ask me making HGH legal would do wonders for the league/team, so long its under doctors care. 

• Pie 1

Christian Miller had 2 sacks in a 24 snap span as a rookie in Rivera's circus scheme lol. 

I think he makes the team. He's just not very durable (up to this point anyway). 

Only way he doesn't would be if the numbers forced us to choose between Haynes and Miller. The former whom I have expectations of becoming a breakout star with more PT. He's just a tad undersized but he did break Greg Hardy's record at a smaller size.

With tackles becoming faster and more agile each season, it might not be a bad idea to keep our roster topped off with athletic situational pass rushers. 

Phil Snow must be on cloud 9 right now thinking of all the defensive blitzing combinations.

Burns, YGM, Reddick, Shaq, Haynes, Fox, Miller, Perryman..

Not to forget occasionally bringing in Donte and/or Horn n AJ... maybe Chinn.   

All this with Brown, DaQuan and Daviyon in the middle...smdh

It is entirely possible this D could b top 10 or better. Either way whatever im envisioning is going to be a nightmare, esp. for the statue-esque QBs. 

16 hours ago, Black&BlueBubba said:

Why not Reggie White and Lawrence Taylor while you are at it. 

The point is they are both liabilities against the run and also aren't dominant pass rushers.

I like Burns he's ok but he has a long way to go to be a Lamar Lathon or Kevin Greene. 

Salt n Pepper was dominant and that should be the expectation of our pass rush. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1