• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers moving Chinn to safety. Thoughts?

BurnNChinn

Just now, kungfoodude said:

This is where he could be special, at safety. 

That was the plan from the beginning but last year happened. Hopefully this season they can get back to the process of building the rest of the roster.  If the LB group can earn their pay it will allow Chinn to play the role he was born for, opening up a can of whoop ass in the secondary.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

1 minute ago, Jon Snow said:

That was the plan from the beginning but last year happened. Hopefully this season they can get back to the process of building the rest of the roster.  If the LB group can earn their pay it will allow Chinn to play the role he was born for, opening up a can of whoop ass in the secondary.

If he has to play LB this season, I will go ahead and assume things have gone pretty poorly for the defense.

• Pie 1

25 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

If he has to play LB this season, I will go ahead and assume things have gone pretty poorly for the defense.

And the staff. You have a stud. Play him as you see him best suited. Don't try to slap bandaids on the defense using arguably your best young chess piece.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

And the staff. You have a stud. Play him as you see him best suited. Don't try to slap bandaids on the defense using arguably your best young chess piece.

Yeah, this was the offseason of depth. We got a boatload of guys that should be solid backups and a few potential starters. 

If we start having to move guys around to full in, something went pretty terribly wrong.

Just now, kungfoodude said:

Yeah, this was the offseason of depth. We got a boatload of guys that should be solid backups and a few potential starters. 

If we start having to move guys around to full in, something went pretty terribly wrong.

I'm fine with moving vets around but when you have a young stud on a team that's probably not quite ready to compete, be smart enough to see the future. Develop that guy where you think his best future is. Don't got chasing an extra possible win that's the difference between 7-10 and 6-11.

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, KillerKat said:

It's either that or cut. Unless he's alright sitting behind Chinn at SS. Plus he's still probably the better option than the other guys on the team. I'm hoping Keith Taylor gets looks there. Or hopefully the new guy Hill we signed is healthy and can step up there. Don't have faith in Robinson after being cut last year then signed after injuries occurred.

I don't think they've specified that Chinn would be a strong safety.

I know Person said a while back that they were planning on trying Chinn at free safety.

10 minutes ago, rayzor said:

Don't get too caught up in the delineation between FS and SS. Quite often there's very little difference between the two. It's essentially a meaningless designation. Responsibilities will be the same for both safeties.

Yeah, this staff seems to not really differentiate.