• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

My OTA Observations

Zod

Great post! 

Regardless of what rhule says about Ian... i agree with you, gotta see it to believe it. I hope he can become a viable option in the TE room but I am definitely keeping an eye on the Z. Ertz possible release. Not sure if we will make any more moves unless guys just aren't showing any progression. 

I was playing madden the other day and downloaded an updated roster (with all the new additions) and the guy that created it had D. Jackson at FS. Obviously this would be with Bouye taking his spot at the CB2 position (after his suspension).

This is probably unlikely, but I wanted to know what some people think about this idea. 

2 minutes ago, CarolinaLivin said:

I was playing madden the other day and downloaded an updated roster (with all the new additions) and the guy that created it had D. Jackson at FS. Obviously this would be with Bouye taking his spot at the CB2 position (after his suspension).

This is probably unlikely, but I wanted to know what some people think about this idea. 

Jeff Goldblum What GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1

5 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Man, I'm telling you again in a different way: there is zero chance that Shi Smith is cut. Zero! Stop hedging and just accept that he's a Panther and be happy!

I wouldn't say zero but it's a very slim chance he doesn't make at least the practice squad.

8 minutes ago, CarolinaLivin said:

Great post! 

Regardless of what rhule says about Ian... i agree with you, gotta see it to believe it. I hope he can become a viable option in the TE room but I am definitely keeping an eye on the Z. Ertz possible release. Not sure if we will make any more moves unless guys just aren't showing any progression. 

I hate to say it but I don't know that anything outside of a monumental improvement will save Thomas' career with the Panthers at this point.  Didn't we sign Dan Arnold to replace him and then sign Tremble as the 2nd TE/FB?  With McCaffrey, Anderson, Moore, Moore, Arnold, and Marshall getting 98% of the passes I can't see him making a difference.

• Pie 1

10 minutes ago, CarolinaLivin said:

From a Madden perspective that is a great idea - the game basically just takes skills and assumes the guy can play the position and apply them.  In reality I don't know if he knows how to play FS - it is very different than CB.  He has the speed no doubt but instinct and development takes time he hasn't spent.....he would need to start 2 years ago.

3 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

I wouldn't say zero but it's a very slim chance he doesn't make at least the practice squad.

I didn't stutter. I know "it" when I see it. He's too good of a football player and underappreciated route runner with sticky hands.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 2
  • Poo 1

3 minutes ago, top dawg said:

I didn't stutter. I know "it" when I see it. He's too good of a football player and underappreciated route runner with sticky hands.

I like your confidence.  Kids got to carve out a role for himself but he's got the talent.  If he can stay healthy throughout camp I would say the odds are good he sticks.