• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

One more season with Mick Mixon

methodtoll

Just now, ladypanther said:

That is so funny....and sad because he really said it.

haha I was driving myself crazy trying to find a highlight of that call somewhere. Alas, I had no luck... Guess it will just have to live on in our hearts.

5 minutes ago, Move the Panthers to Raleigh said:

I'm more of a Rosinski fan, but Mick was a hometown guy that was very likable. Not sure why there is so much hate for him.

By all accounts, Mick the man is a good guy. On the other hand, Mick the announcer? Not so much.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

5 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

I'm sure Mick is a good guy, but it's hard to believe he ever made it as a professional announcer.  He has absolutely zero aptitude for it.

I hate talking  bad about folks. But, every broadcast sounds like his first. 

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, 45catfan said:

I never cared for Mick as an announcer.  I'm sure he's a great guy and all, but he's very hard to listen to.  I can't remember why the organization got rid of Bill, but he was 10x better than Mick ever was.

Bill made the powers that be mad. New powers that be. Maybe there is a slim possibility he may return.

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, iamhubby1 said:

Bill made the powers that be mad. New powers that be. Maybe there is a slim possibility he may return.

Wasn't it because he called it like he saw it and wasn't full-on homer? In other words, if the Panthers fugged up on a play, he would put the team/player on blast and the organization didn't like that.

4 hours ago, 45catfan said:

Wasn't it because he called it like he saw it and wasn't full-on homer? In other words, if the Panthers fugged up on a play, he would put the team/player on blast and the organization didn't like that.

More like he thought he meant more to the team than the team did. He wanted a ring, He didn't get one.

3 hours ago, iamhubby1 said:

More like he thought he meant more to the team than the team did. He wanted a ring, He didn't get one.

That was the first time Jerry’s pettiness raised its ugly head.   It continued with his sons, gentleman, Morrison etc.     jerry did a lot for Charlotte and I will never forget him but holy hell he was a weird dude

8 hours ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

I'm sure Mick is a good guy, but it's hard to believe he ever made it as a professional announcer.  He has absolutely zero aptitude for it.

Opinions or not I think there is no way in hades one could argue he was even close to a competent announcer.  He was horrid.  If the best compliment someone could say about him is that he is a good guy then he has no business calling nfl games.   

• Pie 2