• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

State of the 2021 Carolina Panthers: Sam Darnold, Matt Rhule must take next step together

Adam Rank, NFL Writer, writes article on the state of franchises... specifically the link below is his write-ups on each franchise in the NFC South. Too much to Paste in here. 

Link: https://www.nfl.com/news/state-of-the-2021-carolina-panthers-sam-darnold-matt-rhule-must-take-next-step-t

Where does your franchise stand heading into 2021? Adam Rank sets the table by providing a State of the Franchise look at all 32 teams, zeroing in on the key figures to watch and setting the stakes for the season to come.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Wow - an actual complimentary, glowing report on the state of our Panthers.  I am shocked.  I agree with everything this guy says.  This year is going to be somewhat of a transition year, and we are going to compete with everyone we play.  I am predicting 9-10 wins this year, and challenging for a Wild Card late into the year.  Next year is when we put the league on notice and battle for the Division and NFC Title.  I am high on Darnold, Brady, Rhule and the entire Defense. 

• Pie 1

You see, what I like about Rank's takes is that he's not overthinking this thing. Rhule did unexpectedly well last year considering the circumstances, and with all the talent and upgrades that we have acquired on both sides of the ball, we just have to be better this year. We have invested heavily into the defense, and it's going to show this season. We made solid offensive pickups in the draft who were great values, and it's going to show this season. Brady and Snow have new toys--upgrades--to play with, and it's going to show this season. We will be better this season...so much so that no one on the national stage will overlook us or take us for granted anymore. 

Book it, Danno!

Edited by top dawg
  • Pie 1

14 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

It's a good writeup.

Appreciated a different take on Robby Anderson than I've heard previously.

It was a good right up and pretty spot on in regards to the teams current condition.  With some luck they could take a large step forward to becoming a playoff regular.  Probably not this season but I wouldn't say it impossible either.  I can't believe I said that.  I have been in @LinvilleGorgecamp for so long that I could not envision this team doing anything but sucking the life out of me once again.  Now, dare I say that there's is a glimmer of hope that we finally have a FO that can build a consistent contender?  It's certainly looking that way. 

• Pie 1