• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL.com says Darnold to Moore will be one of league's most exciting new QB-WR combos

According to Brandt:

Robby Anderson will ease new quarterback Sam Darnold's transition to Carolina, given that Anderson was a favored target of Darnold's in 2018 and '19, when both players were with the Jets. And you couldn't ask for a better pass-catching option coming out of the backfield than a newly healthy Christian McCaffrey, who twice set a single-season record for receptions by a running back (in 2018 and again in 2019) before losing much of 2020 to injury. But I really like Darnold's chances to build a rapport with DJ Moore, who is coming off a second straight 1,000-yard season. Moore figures to be a key deep threat for Darnold, given that he ranked third in the NFL in yards on deep targets (440) in 2020, finishing third in yards per deep target (18.3) and catch rate above expectation on deep targets (+16.9%) among those with 20-plus such targets, per Next Gen Stats.

Link: https://www.panthers.com/news/sam-darnold-dj-moore-qb-wr-combo-exciting-2021

• Pie 3
  • Flames 1

DJ will be one of the best wrs in the league if he has a QB who can get him the ball deep. Hopefully that is Sam. If he does I’m expecting 1500-1800 yards and 10+ tds. 

I don’t understand how some parts of this fanbase underrate him when he’s produced with qbs who should not be starting in this league. 

• Pie 3
  • Flames 1

2 hours ago, TheRumGone said:

DJ will be one of the best wrs in the league if he has a QB who can get him the ball deep. Hopefully that is Sam. If he does I’m expecting 1500-1800 yards and 10+ tds. 

I don’t understand how some parts of this fanbase underrate him when he’s produced with qbs who should not be starting in this league. 

DJ has the 4th most yards in NFL History before the age of 24.  Only Randy Moss, Mike Evans and DeAndre Hopkins are ahead of him in the entire history of the league.  DJ is criminally slept on. 

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

I'm really excited to see what Darnold and Moore will team up in terms of yards and touchdowns. 

What I am even more excited about is the total weapons we have.  If Darnold can isolate who is being singled covered on each play.  I anticipate that player winning a lot of those battles.  There is no way you can double everyone.  Whether TE, WR and RB someone is going to be singled covered.

It's gonna be fun to watch. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

The only thing I could see holding him back from another 1k yard season is the number of targets he'll get because of attention he will be garnering and a solid WR corps presenting more open options for Sam. 

But it's looking like DJ is about as money as Smitty was where you don't need him to be totally open...just get the ball near him and it's his. 

This offense is going to be a 'pick your poison' type of deal, though. Defenses have to worry about DJ, CMC, Robbie (hopefully), Terrace, Ian Thomas (j/k...but seriously Donald and Tremble) and Shi (I'm a believer). And then there's Chubs who will probably see the field a lot.

And also Sam is a threat to run so they've got to watch that as well.

With all those weapons...DJ could find his coverage just thin enough that he can do even more with what he's got. The guy is a YAC beast already and with a spread think defense he could hit 1k fairly easily.

• Pie 2

I never saw DJ as the consistent deep threat.

Robbie?  Maybe

Marshall?  Sure

DJ always represented the guy who did not have blazing speed but ran like a RB once the ball was in his hands adding yards to each catch.  Will be a pleasant surprise if he makes it to a consistent long ball threat.

Keep in mind with the multiple targets will will have on the field, DC's will not know who to double team and if Darnold is a quick thinking, and has the time in the pocket, it should be a fun season.