• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Stanley Cup Playoffs: Round Two, Game 3

Harbingers

2 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

Ok so apparently he left after he went out to test it? I know the announcers said he was out there in the third. 

He’s been underrated this series for sure. Foegs would be a bigger miss than Tro or Nino honestly at this point. Who do you bump too? Paquette or Lorentz in the event all three are out?

We have missed Nino in front of the net and Tro at the face off is important. Just glad to get a win and make them a bit uncomfortable 

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, WelshPanther said:

We played better in our first two games and lost. Hopefully this kicks us on but I stand by we don’t look ourselves at all. 

Goals this series Tampa 6 Carolina 5  I'm not sure if your just dense or don't follow hockey but TB happens to be the reigning champs they have the leagues best goalie and are about 35 million over the cap.....  Its called quality of competition.

Also they scored six goals on florida..... IN GAME 1

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

A couple of things:

Why the hell do we have the absolute worst announcers for our series?  Seriously, they are atrocious and shouldn't be doing any kind of national broadcasting at all....I especially hate the female announcer she adds absolutely nothing to the telecast.

I want the Canes to win this series (of course), but every team in the NHL should be mad as hell about how the Lightning circumvented the salary cap this season.  If Kucherov didn't count during the regular season towards their cap then he shouldn't be able to play in the playoffs.  It really isn't that hard to implement that..instead Tampa keeps him, stays under the cap because he is injured and out, yet somehow come playoff time he is allowed to play and the cap doesn't matter any longer. 

These are my grievances along with the Canes PK.

• Flames 2

Just now, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

Goals this series Tampa 6 Carolina 5  I'm not sure if your just dense or don't follow hockey but TB happens to be the reigning champs they have the leagues best goalie and are about 35 million over the cap.....  Its called quality of competition.

Also they scored six goals on florida..... IN GAME 1

lol. Far from dense mate, not sure what made you make that comment or poo my posts. Can we have a constructive conversation? I’ve lived here 15 years and followed hockey ever since so self taught.....I don’t think we are playing our game, is that because they are just better than us?

• Beer 1

Big win tonight stole a game in Tampa just like the lightning did in Raleigh. Team didn’t play their best and still won. Going to get more chippy as the series continues. Hope they can get some guys healthy and back out there because they are super thin right now. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

2 minutes ago, WelshPanther said:

lol. Far from dense mate, not sure what made you make that comment or poo my posts. Can we have a constructive conversation? I’ve lived here 15 years and followed hockey ever since so self taught.....I don’t think we are playing our game, is that because they are just better than us?

Elite teams often force each other off their game, Add in the fact that in the playoffs the rules become completly arbitrary and you have a recipe for bogging others down, healthy? I think its a pretty even matchup even with Tampas ridiclous 130m dollar roster.

• Flames 2

7 minutes ago, Rocky Davis said:

Good lord if they could kill a penalty and at least muster a semblance of an attack on every power play they’d be contending for a championship this year. That PK is atrocious.

At least the full strength defense is playoff caliber and the goaltending has been very good by both goalies. I thought Mrazek showed his experience tonight.

• Pie 2

9 minutes ago, Rocky Davis said:

A couple of things:

Why the hell do we have the absolute worst announcers for our series?  Seriously, they are atrocious and shouldn't be doing any kind of national broadcasting at all....I especially hate the female announcer she adds absolutely nothing to the telecast.

I want the Canes to win this series (of course), but every team in the NHL should be mad as hell about how the Lightning circumvented the salary cap this season.  If Kucherov didn't count during the regular season towards their cap then he shouldn't be able to play in the playoffs.  It really isn't that hard to implement that..instead Tampa keeps him, stays under the cap because he is injured and out, yet somehow come playoff time he is allowed to play and the cap doesn't matter any longer. 

Not just Kucherav right before the trade deadline they LTIRed Stamkos as well freeing up his 10m for trade aquistions...   with the shortened season they had pretty much clinched at that point.

• Flames 1

Just now, hepcat said:

Good lord if they could kill a penalty and at least muster a semblance of an attack on every power play they’d be contending for a championship this year. That PK is atrocious.

At least the full strength defense is playoff caliber and the goaltending has been very good by both goalies. I thought Mrazek showed his experience tonight.

Went from a top tier PK unit to a sponge in one series!  It irritates me...

• Flames 1

1 minute ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

Not just Kucherav right before the trade deadline they LTIRed Stamkos as well freeing up his 10m for trade aquistions...   with the shortened season they had pretty much clinched at that point.

Yeah just everything they have done salary wise this year reeks of using the circumstances to their advantage and the NHL allowing them to do it.  They may go on to win the Cup, but I have no respect for them or the NHL for this crap.

• Flames 1

Elite teams often force each other off their game, Add in the fact that in the playoffs the rules become completly arbitrary and you have a recipe for bogging others down, healthy? I think its a pretty even matchup even with Tampas ridiclous 130m dollar roster.

I’ve seen comments on their cap irregularities but not fully up to speed, need to look it up. Glad we got this one on the board.....keep getting to the net (that’s all I know to say as you can see)

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, hepcat said:

Tampa was 1 for 5 in game one, zero for two in game two and 2/3 tonight...... 

Thats a 70% kill rate.... we are doing 15% better than FL

Tampa was 1 for 5 in game one, zero for two in game two and 2/3 tonight...... 

Thats a 70% kill rate.... we are doing 15% better than FL

Yeah but we were in the 80% range during the regular season and maybe the high 80s in the series with Nashville.

• Pie 1